|Rachel Hurd-Wood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1990|
Rachel Hurd-Wood is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Wendy Darling in Peter Pan, Rachel Maddox in Clique, and Laura Richis in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking, An American Haunting, Solomon Kane, Tomorrow, When the War Began, Dorian Gray, The Mapmaker, Second Origin, Highway to Dhampus, Home Fires, and many more. Rachel has been featured in the music videos of songs such as A Little Bit and Fatherhood/Motherhood. For her acting skills, she has been nominated for several awards such as the Young Artist Award, Teen Choice Award, and Saturn Award.
Rachel Clare Hurd-Wood
Streatham, London, England
Rachel Hurd-Wood went to the Rodborough Technology College, Milford from 2001 to 2006 with Art, English Literature, Philosophy, and Psychology being the main subjects for General Certificate of Secondary Education.
She then got enrolled at the Sixth-form Godalming College in 2006. There, she pursued GCE Advanced Level studies in Philosophy, Psychology, and Art.
After completing her GCE studies in 2008, she got enrolled at University College London to study linguistics but dropped out a year later to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Philip Hurd-Wood (Scriptwriter, voice-over artist, actor)
- Mother – Sarah Hurd-Wood
- Siblings – Patrick Hurd-Wood (Younger Brother) (Actor)
The Artists Partnership Group
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Hurd-Wood has dated –
- Jeremy Sumpter (2003) – Rachel Hurd-Wood first met actor Jeremy Sumpter in 2002 while working on the movie, Peter Pan (2003). During the shooting, they didn’t start dating but became close friends. But, they reportedly dated after the film release for a short time.
- Russ Bain – In November 2017, Rachel tied the knot with Scottish actor Russ Bain in Camden Town. They have a son named Liam (b. May 2018) and a daughter named Stella (b. April 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel is of English and Irish descent.
Naturally, she has “Brown” colored hair.
- Red hair
- Blue eyes
33-24-35 in or 84-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Rachel has been featured in posters and other publicity material for the Volstead Putsch, which was an underground bohemian party organized in 2008 in London. She has also done
She has also done modeling work for the Raw Riddim Records for the promotion of a range of hoodies, t-shirts, and other merchandise.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Wendy Darling in the adventure fantasy film, Peter Pan in 2003, and as Corrie McKenzie in a war drama film, Tomorrow, When the War Began in 2010.
Rachel made her first film appearance in 2003 in Peter Pan as Wendy Darling.
First TV Show
Hurd-Wood first appeared in news show Cinema 3 in 2014 as herself.
Rachel Hurd-Wood keeps her figure trim and toned with ice skating. However, her exact workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Rachel Hurd-Wood Favorite Things
- Music – Rap and hip-hop
- Sport – Ice skating
- Animal – Dolphins
- Movie Genre – Horror
- Movie Genre – Scary Movies
Rachel Hurd-Wood Facts
- While shooting for the Peter Pan movie in Australia for a period of 8 to 9 months, she hired a tutor so that she wouldn’t miss out on her GCSE education.
- Due to her love for dolphins, she wanted to become a marine biologist. However, as it would require studying science, in which she wasn’t very good, she dropped the idea.
- Rachel’s grandparents saw a TV advert for the requirement of a girl for the role of Wendy in Peter Pan. They immediately informed Rachel’s mother about it. Her mother measured Rachel’s height (to confirm if she qualifies the minimum height requirement) and this is how Rachel auditioned.
- Rachel has been included in the Annual Independent Critics list of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World for three consecutive years – 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- At the 52nd International Film Festival for Children and Youth held in Zlin, Czech Republic, she was selected to be a part of the expert jury.
- She has collaborated with the world-famous charity StarCards which supports the Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) Children’s Charity. Her autographed card for the charity was the most popular signing.
- In a 2009 interview with the Little White Lies magazine, she revealed her desire to do speech therapy or any other similar kind of constructive work with autistic children.