|Rachel Lindsay Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rachel Lindsay is an American media personality and attorney who has gained popularity by appearing as a contestant on the 21st season of ABC’s The Bachelor as well as for being the lead of its spinoff, The Bachelorette, in its 13th season. The first African-American Bachelorette in the franchise, she has also been a part of projects like Ghosted: Love Gone Missing, The Bachelor Winter Games, and Extra.
Rachel Lynn Lindsay
Big Rach (Originated in high school as she used to play basketball)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Rachel Lindsay went to the University of Texas at Austin. She studied sports management and kinesiology at the university and graduated with Bachelor’s degree in 2007.
She later got enrolled at the Marquette University in Milwaukee and graduated with a law degree in 2011.
Attorney and TV personality
- Father – Sam A. Lindsay (United States District Judge)
- Mother – Kathy Lindsay (Beauty Consultant, Former Computer Programmer)
- Siblings – Constance Lindsay (Older Sister), Heather Lindsay (Younger Sister)
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Lindsay has dated –
- Nick Viall (2017) – Rachel hooked up with software sales executive Nick Viall in the early months of 2017. They had hooked up while appearing in the 21st season of the reality TV show, The Bachelor. In course of the show, they had grown pretty close to each other with both spending nights together and confessing falling for each other. However, their short-lived relationship ended in March 2017, after he dumped her in one of the episodes of the show.
- Bryan Abasolo (2017-Present) – While appearing in the 13th season of the reality TV show, The Bachelorette, Lindsay started going out with Bryan Abasolo, the Miami-based chiropractor. In November, it was reported that they had started living together. By the end of the month, they had gotten engaged. On August 24, 2019, they tied the knot in Cancun, Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
She is African American.
- Petite figure
- Broad smile
Best Known For
- Having appeared as one of the contestants on the reality TV show, The Bachelor
- Being selected as the bachelorette in the dating TV show, The Bachelorette
First TV Show
In January 2017, Rachel Lindsay made her first TV show appearance in The Bachelor.
Rachel Lindsay has always been very particular about her workout routine. However, she has made changes to her workout regime and has moved away from running and towards gym workouts. She has even hired a personal trainer, David Robinson, who has worked with a host of NFL athletes.
She usually starts her workout with stretching moves. For the main workout, she does a host of exercises that are focused on full-body conditioning. It comprises of pushups, high knees, lunges, squats, bicep curls, and tire jumps. She also throws some punches with weights in the workout session.
Rachel Lindsay’s Favorite Things
- NFL Team – Dallas Cowboys
- Vacation Spot – Aruba
- Closet Items – Pink Ugg slippers, Black Lives Matter sweatshirt from the Mayfair Group
- Diva Singer – Whitney Houston
- Musical Groups – The Temptations, The Jackson 5
- Sports Teams – Dallas Cowboys, Texas Longhorns
- Sport To Play in High School – Basketball
Rachel Lindsay’s Facts
- When she was cast in the 13th season of The Bachelorette, she became the first African American woman to be made the bachelorette in the history of the show.
- She is fond of body art and has got a bible verse tattooed on her left waist. She has also got ‘Reciprocity’ inked on her right ribcage.
- Along with co-host Van Lathan, she launched a podcast named Higher Learning in May 2020.
- In February 2021, she disabled her Instagram profile after being subjected to online harassment from many fans of The Bachelor as she continued to call out racism on the show. She returned to Instagram in March 2021.
- Rachel’s first job was to play piano at the church at 11 years of age.
- While young, she always wanted to be an attorney. She actually accomplished her dream.
- Brussels sprouts is the best dish she makes.
- She likes the song Paper Planes by M.I.A. and it always takes her to the dance floor.
- Rachel likes barbecue food of Texas. She misses it whenever she is elsewhere because she is a Texas girl by heart.
- Rachel once got tattooed herself on stage during the New York Fashion Week.
- Michelle Obama is her dream celebrity to interview for Extra.
- She has worked at ESPN for a radio show.
- She does meditation regularly.
- Rachel considers it as a sport to watch the Real Housewives show of every city.
Featured Image by Rachel Lindsay / Instagram