|Rachel Peters Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1991|
|Spouse||Miguel Luis Villafuerte|
Rachel Peters is a Filipino model and beauty pageant contestant who first came into the spotlight in 2017 when she was crowned as Binibining Pilipinas Universe, a national beauty pageant in the Philippines that selects Filipina representatives to compete in major international beauty pageants such as Miss International, Miss Grand International, Miss Intercontinental, and Miss Globe. At the same event, she had also won the ‘Best in Swimsuit’, ‘Miss Photogenic’, and ‘JAG Denim Queen’ awards. She had then represented the Philippines at the Miss Universe 2017 pageant where she had finished as a ‘Top 10’ semifinalist.
Rachel Louise Peters
Rachel had graduated from the British International School, Phuket, an English-medium, co-educational, day and boarding school in Phuket, Thailand, with an International Baccalaureate degree.
She had then joined La Trobe University, a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. There, she had earned a bachelor’s degree in business, tourism, and events.
Model, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Father – Nigel Peters (Concert Promoter)
- Mother – Annie Obregon
- Siblings – Daniel Peters (Younger Brother)
- Others – Luis Villafuerte (Grandfather-in-Law) (Politician, Former Governor of Camarines Sur, Former Member of the Philippine House of Representatives) (d. September 8, 2021), Luis Raymund Villafuerte (Father-in-Law) (Politician, Member of the Philippine House of Representatives, Former Governor of Camarines Sur), Nelly Favis Villafuerte (Grandmother-in-Law) (Former member of the monetary board of the central bank of the Philippines)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel has dated –
- Miguel Luis Villafuerte (2018-Present) – Rachel had started dating Filipino politician and model Miguel Luis Villafuerte in 2018 and the couple got engaged in November 2019. Their wedding was supposed to be held in Indonesia but it had to be postponed due to quarantine measures that had been imposed there to curb the spread of COVID-19. They eventually got married in July 2021 in a civil ceremony. They have a daughter together named Kaia Rose (b. October 11, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Filipino (Bicolano) descent on her mother’s side and English descent on her father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Rachel Peters Facts
- Rachel’s first major beauty pageant participation came in 2014 when she had been placed as the 4th Princess at the Miss World Philippines event in 2014. She had secured the ‘Yahoo Readers’ Choice’ and ‘Miss Alluring’ awards there.
- While representing the Philippines at the Miss Universe 2017 pageant, she had worn a Sarimanok-inspired golden one-piece swimsuit with wings and a headpiece at the event’s national costume competition. Sarimanok is a legendary bird of the Maranao people and the wings and headpiece that she had worn are a symbol of good fortune in the Maranao culture.
- Her finishing as a ‘Top 10’ semifinalist at the Miss Universe 2017 pageant had meant that this was the 8th successive edition of the pageant where the representative of the Philippines had secured a finalist placement.
- Her husband, Miguel Luis Villafuerte, was appointed the Governor of the province of Camarines Sur in 2013. He had defeated his grandfather Luis for the post and had become (aged 24) the youngest elected governor in Philippine history.
Featured Image by Rachel Peters / Instagram