|Ralph Macchio Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1961|
Ralph Macchio is an American actor and producer best known for his portrayal of Daniel LaRusso in the 1984 movie The Karate Kid. Apart from that, he is also known for playing several other characters such as Johnny Cade in 1983 drama film The Outsiders, Eugene Martone in the 1986 drama film Crossroads, and Bill Gambini in the 1992 comedy My Cousin Vinny.
Ralph George Macchio Jr.
Huntington, New York, United States
Long Island, New York, United States
Ralph attended Half Hollow Hills West High School and graduated in 1979.
- Father – Ralph Macchio, Sr.
- Mother – Rosalie (née DeSantis)
- Siblings – Steven Macchio (Brother)
Ralph is represented by –
- Untitled Management
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ralph has dated –
- Phyllis Fierro (1987-Present) – Ralph first met Phyllis at the age of 15. She was a nurse practitioner and was taking care of Ralph’s grandmother. The couple got married on April 5, 1987, and have 2 children – a daughter named Julia (b. 1992) and a son named Daniel (b. 1996).
Race / Ethnicity
Ralph has Italian and Greek ancestry.
- Broad nose
- Thin lips
Ralph has appeared in the commercials for products like –
- Vitamin Water (2008)
- Bubble Yum
- Dr. Pepper
Best Known For
Playing the character of Daniel LaRusso in the famous film The Karate Kid in 1984
Ralph made his theatrical film debut in the 1980 comedy film Up the Academy as Chooch Bambalazi.
First TV Show
Ralph made his first TV show appearance in Eight Is Enough as Jeremy Andretti in 1980.
As per an interview in 2014, Ralph was exercising regularly. He liked to take 10-minute training intervals in between his sessions so that the workout didn’t get boring. He also enjoyed playing tennis and softball or any such game as a cardio.
Ralph also followed a balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, protein, whole grains, and fiber. He also tried to control mindless eating and eat spaced out meals.
Ralph Macchio Favorite Things
- Dessert – Donuts
- Songwriter /Singer – Bruce Springsteen
- Hockey Team – New York Islanders
Ralph Macchio Facts
- He started acting in television commercials even before he was 18.
- He got his first major role in 1983, as Johnny Cade in The Outsiders. The film turned out to be successful and Ralph started to be listed among other stars like Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, and Matt Dillon.
- In 1984, his first breakthrough film The Karate Kid released which made him a teen sensation.
- He has been featured on the covers of magazines like Teen Beat, 16, and Tiger Beat.
- In 2011, he was one of the contestants in the famous TV show Dancing with the Stars along with his partner Karina Smirnoff. The pair finished off fourth.
- In John Willis’ Screen World, Vol 36, Ralph was listed as one of the twelve ‘Promising New Actors’ of 1984.
- In 2013, he appeared as himself in an episode of famous CBS show How I Met Your Mother.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0