|Reginald VelJohnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1952|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Reginald VelJohnson is an American actor, voice artist, and writer who has played Carl Winslow in the ABC family sitcom Family Matters, Principal/Superintendent Cornelius Strickland in the Disney XD teen sitcom I’m in the Band, Able in the animated sci-fi series Tron: Uprising, Jerry in the computer-animated science fantasy series 3Below: Tales of Arcadia, Dash DeWitt in The CW comedy-drama Hart of Dixie, and Brother Heywood in the CBS sitcom Mike & Molly. In addition to that, Reginald has also been cast in movies like Turner & Hooch, Die Hard, Die Hard 2, One of Her Own, Three Days to Vegas, Funny Story, You Again, The Mistle-Tones, and Air Collision.
Reginald Vel Johnson
Queens, New York, United States
He has had homes in Raleigh, North Carolina, and Los Angeles, and resided primarily in Oceanside, New York, United States.
Reginald VelJohnson attended Benjamin N. Cardozo High School and was classmates with former CIA director George Tenet and former adult film star Ron Jeremy. After that, he studied at New York University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater.
Actor, Voice Artist, Writer
- Father – Dan (Hospital Attendant)
- Mother – Eva (Nurse’s Aid)
- Sibling – Barry (Brother)
- Others – John Reilly (Stepfather)
Reginald VelJohnson has been signed with The Beddingfield Co. Inc., Talent Management Company, Sherman Oaks, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $5 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Has frequently been cast as police officers in movies and on TV
- Deep, commanding voice
- Often confused with late actor James Avery
Reginald VelJohnson has been cast in the TV commercials for –
- 10-10-321 Long Distance Service (with John Lithgow) (1998-9)
- Scott Toilet Paper (2002)
- Zaxby’s restaurants (2008)
Reginald VelJohnson Facts
- He was 13 years old when his father left the family and then, his mother married John Reilly.
- As he started acting, he changed his name from Reginald Vel Johnson to Reginald VelJohnson and later stated that he did that “because I wanted a name people would remember.”
- Reginald VelJohnson appeared as Al Powell, an LAPD sergeant, in the 1988 action film, Die Hard, starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Alexander Godunov, and Bonnie Bedelia.
- He voiced the character of Sgt. Al Powell in the video game named Die Hard: Vendetta in 2002.
- On February 13, 2017, he became a victim of an internet hoax when a website reported that he had died as a result of a heart attack. However, the fact-checking website Snopes proved the claim to be false and VelJohnson took to Twitter to demonstrate he was alive.
- During his leisure time, he enjoys singing and dancing.