|John Kokken Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
John Kokken is an Indian actor and former model who has mainly worked in the South Indian film industry. Over the years, he has been a part of numerous films which include the likes of Love In Singapore, IG, Kalabham, Alexander The Great, Adhinayakkudu, Shiva, Shikkar, Prithvi, Shourya, Mylari, Don Seenu, Sardaar Gabbar Singh, Osthe, Teen Maar, Anna Bond, Ko Ko, Daruvu, Man of the Match, Veeram, Yevadu, 1: Nenokkadine, Baahubali: The Beginning, Bruce Lee, Lakshmana, Janatha Garage, Chuttallabbai, Tiyaan, Raja The Great, K.G.F: Chapter 1, Kantharam, Venky Mama, Maharshi, Sarpatta Parambarai, Poikkal Kuthirai, James, K.G.F: Chapter 2, Thunivu, and Veera Simha Reddy.
Anish John Kokken
Thrissur, Kerala, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
John Kokken studied at St. Paul’s Public School located in Kuriachira, Kerala. After that, he attended Our Lady of Nazareth High School in Mira-Bhayandar, Maharashtra.
He then got enrolled at MVLU College as well as pursued a 3 years Diploma course in Hotel Management & Catering Technology from Anjuman-I-Islam’s Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actor, Former Model
- Father – John (Retired School Vice Principal)
- Mother – Thressiamma John Kokken (Served as a nurse for about 13 years in the Middle East)
- Siblings – Lewis John Kokken (Younger Brother), Anderson John Kokken (Younger Brother)
- Others – Vasudevan (Ex Father-In-Law, Meera Vasudevan’s Father), Hemalatha (Ex Mother-In-Law, Meera Vasudevan’s Mother), Ashwini (Ex Sister-In-Law, Meera Vasudevan’s Sister) (Child Artist)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Kokken has dated –
- Meera Vasudevan (2012-2016) – He got married to actor and model Meera Vasudevan in the year 2012 and the duo was blessed with a son named Ariha Anish Kokken on June 22, 2014. However, the couple separated in 2016.
- Pooja Ramachandran (2019-Present) – On April 15, 2019, John Kokken tied the knot with actor, VJ, and model Pooja Ramachandran. She gave birth to their son Kiaan Kokken on April 29, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
John Kokken is of Malayali descent.
- Toned body
- Often plays negative characters
He was raised in a Roman Catholic household.
John Kokken Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- John Kokken started his career in modeling and made it to the final 10 in the Gladrags 2005 contest. After that, he decided to pursue a career in acting.
- He brought to life the character of Deva (Veeru Bhai’s aide) in the 2014 Telugu-language action thriller film Yevadu, starring Ram Charan, Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Amy Jackson, and Kajal Aggarwal.
- John Kokken was cast as Kalakeya in the 2015 Telugu-language epic action film Baahubali: The Beginning, starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah, Ramya Krishna, Sathyaraj, and Nassar. The film became the 3rd highest-grossing Telugu film, the highest-grossing Telugu film of 2015, and the 2nd highest-grossing Indian film worldwide.
- He played the role of John (overseer of KGF) in the 2018 Kannada-language period action film K.G.F: Chapter 1, the first of two installments in the series. The most expensive Kannada film at the time of its release, the film became the highest-grossing Kannada film.
- Along with Ajith Kumar, Manju Warrier, and Samuthirakani, John Kokken co-starred as Krish (the chairman of Your Bank) in the Tamil-language action heist film Thunivu in 2023. The film received mixed reviews and Janani K of India Today gave the film 3 stars out of 5 and wrote: “Overall, Thunivu is a film that brings back the Ajith we have enjoyed in the past. With an excellent premise, the film has a lot to offer. But, remember to look past the flaws”.
- He was seen as Raja Reddy (Pratap Reddy’s cousin) in the Telugu-language action drama film Veera Simha Reddy in 2023.
Featured Image by John Kokken / Instagram