Puttur, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Anushka completed her school education in Bangalore. Later, she got enrolled at the Mount Carmel College, Bangalore to graduate with a Bachelor of Computer Applications degree.
Actress and model
- Father – A.N. Vittal Shetty
- Mother – Prafulla Shetty
- Siblings – Gunaranjan Shetty (Brother), Sai Ramesh Shetty (Brother) (Cosmetic Surgeon)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anushka Shetty has dated –
- Naga Chaitanya (2011) – Anushka was RUMORed to have dated actor Naga Chaitanya. Towards the mid-2011, it was even reported that they had got engaged and were very serious about settling down.
- Nagarjuna – Having worked with legendary actor Nagarjuna on numerous occasions, it is often whispered in South Indian movie industry that he has been having an extra-marital affair with Anushka from a very long time. Nagarjuna has refuted these rumors and has claimed that it is nasty to link him as well as Chaitanya with the same girl.
- Arya – Rumor
- Prabhas (2015) – In 2015, Anushka was reported to be in a relationship with actor Prabhas, who was her co-star in the movie series, Baahubali (2015, 2017). There were also rumors about their imminent marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She has ethnic Tuluva ancestry. Also, she is reported to have descended from Bellipady Uramalu Guthu family.
- Sweet smile
- Innocent looking face
35-28-36 in or 89-71-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Anushka has appeared in a TV commercial for the
- Head & Shoulders.
- Colgate Active Salt toothpaste
- Intex Aqua
- Chennai Silk
Best Known For
- Being cast as Princess Devasena in Baahubali, which was a historical action movie series.
- Having played an important role in the crime action movie, Singam and Singam II.
- Having portrayed the lead character in the 3D historical action movie, Rudrama Devi.
Anushka was first seen in romantic comedy Hindi film Run in 2004.
First TV Show
In 2011, Anushka was seen on the talk show, Prematho Mee Lakshmi.
For her role in Baahubali 2, Anushka went on to lose 20 kg weight, some of which she had gained for her other project. Her workouts lasted for about 45 minutes and featured some high-intensity exercises. She also traveled to US for a special weight loss program. The archery and sword fighting sessions provided her with some extra workout.
In general, she has relied on yoga for years to keep her body lean and supple. Also, she tries to squeeze in 30 minutes of light exercise session daily.
To speed up her weight loss program, she focused on eating low carb and high protein diet. She had small 5 to 6 meals a day with a focus on having salads, veggies, and sprouts, dry fruits, and juices from fresh fruits.
In general, she steers clear of oily and junk food and focusses on eating fresh fruits and vegetables. She eats her dinner before 8 and doesn’t snack about two to three hours before sleep. Lastly, she tries to drink at least 6 liters of water daily.
Anushka Shetty Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken dishes
Source – Net TV 4 U
Anushka Shetty Facts
- Before finding success as an actress, she used to work as a yoga instructor. She had taken yoga training from iconic yoga guru Bharat Thakur.
- In 2017, her movie Baahubali 2: The Conclusion became first Tamil and Telugu movie to cross $270 million mark in terms of worldwide box office collection.
- She was reportedly paid 5 crore rupees for her role in Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, which made her the first Tamil and Telugu actress to cross that mark in movie salary.
- Anushka is multilingual and fluent in 5 languages – Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and English.
- The actress is from a family of doctors and engineers.
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.