|Rick Cosnett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1983|
Rick Cosnett is a Zimbabwean-Australian actor, producer, voiceover artist, and director who has gained popularity with several of his on-screen roles which include Dr. Wesley “Wes” Maxfield in The Vampire Diaries, Eddie Thawne in The Flash, and Elias Harper in Quantico. In addition to that, he has also appeared in films like The Bet, Happily Never After, Tu me manques, The Elephant in the Room, and The Timing of Love.
Richard James Cosnett
Rick, Pretty Ricky
Chegutu, Mashonaland West Province, Zimbabwe
Rick Cosnett studied at the Queensland University of Technology located in Brisbane, Queensland. He had received a scholarship to study music but he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Acting.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Director
Rick Cosnett is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He came out as gay on February 13, 2020, via Instagram and said, “…Um, I’m gay and I just wanted everyone to know because I’ve made a promise to myself to live my truth every day and sometimes that is a really hard thing to do when you have all these subconscious things that you don’t even know about from childhood and society and from just life. There you go. I’m sure most of you probably knew anyway. And … um yeah. That’s actually all I wanted to say.”
- Toned physique
- Sports a beard and a mustache
Rick Cosnett Facts
- He grew up on a farm in Chegutu, Zimbabwe. Later, his family relocated to Queensland, Australia when he was 17 years old due to the land reforms in Zimbabwe.
- He got inclined towards acting as his family used to participate in community musical theater.
- Rick Cosnett made his first film appearance by playing the role of Mike Voss in the 2006 crime drama thriller film, The Bet.
- He played the recurring role of Dr. Wesley “Wes” Maxfield in the American supernatural teen drama television series, The Vampire Diaries, from 2013 to 2014.
- From 2014 to 2017, Rick Cosnett brought to life the character of Edward “Eddie” Thawne, a CCPD detective who transferred from Keystone City, in the American superhero television series, The Flash. He co-starred on the show alongside the likes of Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, and others.
- He has been a housemate of Kelly Durnell and Brooke Mickan.
- In 2015, Rick Cosnett started appearing as Elias Harper, a lawyer recruited by Miranda Shaw to work as an analyst at Quantico, in the ABC thriller drama television series, Quantico.
Featured Image by iDominick / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0