Charles Richard Wilson
Keighley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
He has a house in Cornwall which he had bought on a whim while on a trip to England’s southern tip.
He later found out that his new house was just 20 minutes away from his father’s birth place.
Ricky Wilson started his education at the Ghyll Royd Primary School. Later, he went to the Leeds Grammar School.
After completion of his school education, he got enrolled at the Leeds Metropolitan University and graduated in 2000 with a BA (Hons) in Graphic Arts and Design.
Singer, songwriter and television personality
- Father – Geoff Wilson (TV Producer)
- Mother – Glynne Wilson (Worked in a ladies’ outfitters in Harrogate)
- Siblings – Unknown
Ricky Wilson is represented by Milk Management.
His rock band Kaiser Chiefs is signed up with Red Light Management.
Indie rock, new wave, post-punk revival
Piano, vocals, ukulele, tambourine
MCA Music, Inc., B-Unique, Fiction, Polydor Records, Drowned in Sound, Liberator Music, Caroline International
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ricky Wilson has dated
- Fleur Fekkes – Ricky Wilson had an on and off relationship with TV researcher Fleur Fekkes. They had met while working at a bar. Ricky was her boss and to woo her, he got both of them on the same shift. At the end of the night, he would offer her a drink and pretend to call her a taxi so that he could get to spend more time with her. After dating for quite some time, they broke up at the start of 2006. However, they had got back together by the mid of the year. Their first public outing after the reconciliation was at the London’s Sin Club, where they had gained entry with a VIP pass.
- Lesley Williams (2010-2014) – If the reports are to be believed, Wilson started going out with TV producer Lesley Williams in 2010. After dating for almost four years, their relationship came to an abrupt end in 2014 as they struggled to deal with Ricky’s increased popularity. Plus, his flirty behavior with fellow The Voice judge Rita Ora might not have helped as well. Their separation was officially acknowledged in March 2015 as he accepted he can’t have it both ways when it came to fame.
- Grace Zito (2015-Present) – Just a month after the confirmation of his separation from Lesley, Ricky was linked with a personal stylist, Grace Zito. It was revealed that they had known each other for a long time and had been dating for several months.
Race / Ethnicity
Often has slight fuzzy beard
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In April 2017, Ricky was featured in a short film created for the promotion of Etihad Airlines. The film was titled as The Abu Dhabi 48-hour stopover challenge and was aimed at showcasing Abu Dhabi as tourist hotspot with several attractions and activities.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the frontman of the popular English Indie Rock band, Kaiser Chiefs. The band is well known for the popularity of their album, “Education, Education, Education & War” which reigned at the top of several music charts.
- His stints as a coach on the popular British music reality TV show, The Voice UK.
In March 2005, his band Kaiser Chiefs released their debut studio album, Employment, which was certified platinum five times and was widely well received by the music critics.
In 2009, he made his first theatrical film appearance in the adventure comedy movie, St Trinian’s 2: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold.
First TV Show
In 2005, he made his TV show debut as himself in a guest appearance in the English comedy variety show, The Sunday Night Project.
After getting fed of being hungover almost daily and realizing that he was feeling around two decades older than he actually was, Ricky decided to go for a healthier lifestyle. The first step was to start running and he eventually started to like it. The thing he loved the most about running was that he could go out for drinks without having to worry about a hangover.
He used to hit neighborhood park for running and could barely manage to run for a mile. But he eventually managed to reach 6 miles and realized that he could keep going for more. Also, he removed unhealthy items from his diet and started practicing portion control, which helped him shed unwanted weight.
However, his attempt at gym workouts didn’t pan out well. He had hired Jamie Sawyer to whip him into shape but he used to throw up every time Jamie had him doing circuits on the rowing machine, and results of the interval training weren’t any different.
Ricky Wilson Favorite Things
- Fish and Chips Restaurant – The Harbour Lights in Falmouth
- Movie Soundtrack Song – Johnny B Goode from Back to the Future
- Sad Song – American Pie by Don McLean
- Childhood Song – Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
- Club Anthem – All the Lovers by Kylie Minogue
- Wedding Song – Build me up Buttercup
- Lyrics from a Song – Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
- One Hit Wonder – The Snake by Al Wilson
- Kaiser Chiefs Song – Roses
- Most Relaxing Holiday Destinations – Jamaica and Antigua
- Hotel – The Bowery in New York City, The Soho Hotel in London
- Cities – London, Lisbon, and New York City
- Best City for Music Lovers – New York City
- Restaurant – PJ Clarke’s in New York
- Bar – The Chinese Pilot in Moscow
- Best City for Nightlife – Istanbul
- Airline – Etihad Airlines
- City for Fashion Lovers – Tokyo (He considers Shibuya district of Tokyo a treasure chest for vintage clothing pieces).
- Travel Essentials – Headphones and sachets of salt
Ricky Wilson Facts
- Before he found fame in the music industry, he used to work as a lecturer at Leeds College of Art and Design. He used to do it for a couple of times per week for about a year.
- His band Kaiser Chiefs played in rock clubs all across Leeds for nearly a decade before they were signed up by a major record label.
- He is lactose intolerant.
- While studying in university, he used to work at the bars all Saturday, which helped him pay his rent.
- In 1996, he started his first music band named, Runston Parva (which was a deliberate misspelling of a Yorkshire hamlet called Ruston Parva). However, a couple of years later, it was renamed as Kaiser Chiefs and new members were added as well.
- While performing at a concert in Portugal, he damaged his ankle ligaments in an accident after jumping off the stage for crowd surfing.
- In May 2006, he was hit by a car while walking on the pedestrian crossover in his home town of Leeds. Just before the car was about to hit him, he jumped up, which helped him escape serious injuries and instead suffered only broken toe and some bruising.
- By managing to win the 4th and 5th season of the music reality show The Voice UK, he achieved the distinction of being the first coach to win for two consecutive years.
- Visit his band’s official website @ kaiserchiefs.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0