|Robert Kubica Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1984|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Robert Kubica is a Polish racing driver who is the first Polish driver to compete in Formula One and has also been a part of teams like BMW Sauber and Renault. He suffered a serious crash at the Ronde di Andora rally on February 6, 2011, but returned to racing the following year.
Robert Józef Kubica
Robert Kubica attended Szkoła Podstawowa nr 38 im. Bractwa Kurkowego located in Kraków, Poland.
- Father – Artur Kubica
- Mother – Anna Kubica
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Robert Kubica Facts
- His love for cars and racing sparked when he was around 4 years old.
- Robert Kubica set the record by becoming the first foreigner to win the International Italian Junior Karting Championship in 1998.
- He joined the BMW Sauber Formula One team as the official reserve driver in the year 2006.
- Robert won his first Formula 1 race at the Canadian Grand Prix on June 8, 2008.
- He was honored as the “Polish Sports Personality of the Year” in 2008.
- Robert Kubica received his first 2009 season podium at the Brazilian Grand Prix by finishing in 2nd place, 7.6 seconds behind winner Mark Webber.
- He became a part of the Renault team in 2010.
- His 2011 near-death crash had a major impact on his career and he believed that his return to Formula One would be “nearly impossible”.
- Robert Kubica had to face some hard time even after he had recovered from the accident as he then broke his right leg by slipping on the ice near his home in Italy on January 11, 2012.
- In 2013, he became the “FIA Personality of the Year”.
- He has also accumulated a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 250k followers on Facebook.
Featured Image by Morio / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0