|Rosé Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Roseanne Park or Rosé is the main vocalist and lead dancer of the famous South Korean K-Pop band, Black Pink. She was born in New Zealand and joined YG Entertainment after successfully auditioning for them in their Sydney auditions in 2012. Her talent has caught the eyes of many and she enjoys a large fan base within and outside of South Korea.
Park Chae-young (In English – Roseanne Park)
Rose, Rosie, Pasta
Auckland, New Zealand
Seoul, South Korea
Rosé went to the Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College in Melbourne, Australia, where she grew up with her family. She had a passion for music since the start and started pursuing it at an early age.
- Siblings – Alice Park (Older Sister) (Instagram Star)
K-pop, EDM, hip-hop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rosé has dated –
- Kang Dong-won (2023) – In April 2023, Rosé was rumored to be dating actor Kang Dong-won after they were spotted in a photo of a group social gathering.
NOTE – Rosé has to maintain the guidelines of her management group, YG Entertainment, which prohibits her from dating anyone while being a part of the YG family. But, she has revealed her ideal type as someone who is genuine and nice with a unique voice.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She tends to dye her hair ‘Red’, ‘Auburn’, and other different shades.
She hasn’t revealed her sexual interests.
Rosé has endorsed the following brands along with her Black Pink bandmates –
- Incheon Main Customs – The band became the brand ambassador for Incheon Main Customs in May 2017.
- They have also endorsed brands like Reebok, Moonshot, Adidas, The Coca-Cola Company, Louis Vuitton, St. Scott London, and Lotte Trevi sparkling water.
Best Known For
Being the main vocalist and lead dancer of the famous K-Pop girl band, Black Pink.
As a Singer
Rosé was featured in the song, Without You, by the BIGBANG rapper G-Dragon which was released on September 1, 2012.
She has released various songs and EPs with her band since their debut in 2016. Their songs like Boombayah, As If It’s Your Last and Playing With Fire have added to the success of the band and secured higher positions in various song charts including the Billboard World Digital Songs chart.
First TV Show
Rosé debuted in an episode of the South Korean television entertainment program Knowing Bros, alongside her fellow Black Pink members in 2017.
Like the rest of her bandmates, Rosé also doesn’t follow any specific fitness regime. She focuses on eating healthy food and sweats it out during her dance lessons which are a part of her routine.
Rosé Favorite Things
- Food – Kimchi stew
- Color – Blue
- Genre – Romance
Source – Various articles
- She is fluent in Korean, Japanese, and English. Korean and Japanese lessons are a part of her YG training.
- She was the last member of the band to be revealed by YG Entertainment.
- She is the second youngest artist in the band after Lisa Manoban.
- Rosé was born in Auckland, New Zealand but grew up in Melbourne, Australia after her family shifted there.
- It was her father who encouraged her to audition for the YG Entertainment in Australia in 2012.
- As the auditions were held in Sydney, she traveled the distance from Melbourne to Sydney just to pursue her new-found passion.
- She was ranked first in the auditions and moved to South Korea soon thereafter.
- Rosé was part of a church’s choir in Australia.
- When she was in Australia, she used to be a cheerleader.
- She enjoys drawing and reading as hobbies.
- She has a pet fish named Joo-hwang.
- She has multiple ear piercings.
- She is not individually active on any social site but, shares the Instagram handle of Black Pink with other bandmates.
- She attended her first Met Gala event in 2021.
- In November 2023, the members of Blackpink were named “Honorary Members of the Order of the British Empire” for their work as COP26 advocates during the COP26 Summit in Glasgow in 2021. However, Rosé had New Zealand citizenship and was therefore a national of the British realm, due to which, her MBE was considered “substantive” rather than just honorary.
Featured Image by Black Pink Official / Instagram