Mary Rose Byrne
Balmain, New South Wales, Australia
New York, United States
Rose attended Balmain Public School and Hunters Hill High School in Sydney, New South Wales. Subsequently, Rose studied at Bradfield College in Crows Nest.
Later, she graduated from the University of Sydney.
She also studied acting from Atlantic Theatre Company and Australian Theatre for Young People.
- Father – Robin Byrne (Semi-Retired Statistician as well as a Market Researcher)
- Mother – Jane Byrne (Primary School Administrator)
- Siblings – George Byrne (Older Brother), Alice Byrne (Older Sister), Lucy Byrne (Older Sister)
In her early years, she signed with Elite Model Management – London.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rose Byrne dated –
- Gregor Jordan (1999-2002) – From 1999 to 2002, Rose dated Australian film director, Gregor Jordan.
- Brendan Cowell (2003-2010) – Rose dated actor Brendan for almost seven years starting from 2003. They split in early 2010 due to a long-distance relationship. They even spent most of their seven years living on the opposite side of the country.
- Bobby Cannavale (2012-Present) – Since August 2012, Byrne is dating American actor Bobby Cannavale. Bobby confirmed the relationship during a speech in Emmy Awards 2013 ceremony when he was receiving an award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” category.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and Scottish ancestry.
- Auburn hair
- Brown eyes
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
In 1999, she appeared in a television commercial of Sony.
From 2004 to 2006, she was the face of Max Factor.
Rose is also an ambassador for NIDA’s (National Institute of Dramatic Art) Young Actors Studio.
Best Known For
Playing Dormé in the 2002 film Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Briseis in 2004 film Troy, Yolande de Polastron in 2006 film Marie Antoinette, Helen Harris in 2011 film Bridesmaids, Moira MacTaggert in the 2011 film X-Men: First Class.
She is also known for playing Ellen Parsons in the legal thriller TV series Damages from 2007 to 2012.
Byrne appeared in a 1994 film Dallas Doll for her role as Rastus Sommers.
First TV Show
In 1995, Rose appeared in an Australian television soap opera Echo Point for her role as Belinda O’Connor. She appeared in a total of 100 episodes.
Rose was considered to suffer from an eating disorder in the past. However, she denies the fact during an interview.
Rose Byrne Favorite Things
- Singers – Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, Fleet Foxes, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Ryan Adams
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Actresses – Cate Blanchett, Glenn Close, Judy Davis, Juliette Binoche, Susan Sarandon, Toni Collette
Source – IMDb
Rose Byrne Facts
- Her mom is an atheist and she and her dad are agnostic.
- Byrne started learning acting at the age of eight by entering into Australian Theatre for Young People.
- She was included in the list of Most Beautiful People of 2007 in Who Magazine.
- She is a supporter of UNICEF Australia.
- She has appeared in several music videos “Black the Sun” by Alex Lloyd in 2000, “I Miss You” by Darren Hayes in 2002, “Digital Versicolor” by Glass Candy in 2007.
- She was once considered for the role of Ruth in 1999 dramedy Holy Smoke. But, it went to Kate Winslet.
- Reading, bicycle riding, yoga, swimming, and playing crosswords are her hobbies.
- She is good friends with fellow actress Nadia Townsend since she was eight years old.
- For 2004 movie Troy, Rose played the role as Briseis as she liked the character. However, Rose was considered for the role of Helen.
- She lists her beauty products at Byrdie.
- She is not on social media.