|Ryan Kwanten Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1976|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ryan Kwanten is an Australian actor, voice actor, and producer who is known for his roles like Jason Stackhouse in the fantasy horror drama series True Blood, Steve Hammond in the crime drama series The Oath, Vinnie Patterson in the drama series Home and Away, and Jay Robertson in the drama series Summerland. Ryan has also been cast in several films such as Liquid Bridge, Dead Silence, Red Hill, Signal One, Northmen: A Viking Saga, Griff the Invisible, Reach Me, Don’t Fade Away, Mystery Road, Not Suitable for Children, Kidnapping Freddy Heineken, Who Gets the Dog?, Expired, Kill Chain, The Hurricane Heist, 2067, and Rio, I Love You.
Ryan Christian Kwanten
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
California, Los Angeles, United States
Ryan attended St Paul’s College before he attended the University of Sydney, from where he got a degree in commerce.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Eddie Kwanten (NSW Maritime Worker)
- Mother – Kris Kwanten (Lifeline op shop coordinator)
- Siblings – Mitchell Kwanten (Brother) (Musician), Lloyd Kwanten (Brother) (Doctor)
- Others – Nicholaas Marie Kwanten (Paternal Grandfather), Henriette Maria Agnes Smits (Paternal Grandmother)
Ryan has been signed with –
- PBJ Management
- The Artists Partnership, Acting Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
His net worth has been $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
171 lbs or 78 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Kwanten has dated –
- Taylor Cole (2006–2008) – Ryan has been linked to the American actor Taylor Cole in the past. They both were in a relationship for almost 2 years from 2006 to 2008.
- Whitney Duncan (2010) – It was RUMORed that he had an affair with American country music singer and songwriter Whitney Duncan in April 2010.
- Ashley Sisino (2013–Present) – Ryan started dating Ashley Sisino in 2013. The couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
Ryan has Australian and Dutch ancestry.
Ryan’s natural hair color is Brown but he dyed them Blonde later.
Great athletic body
10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Jason Stackhouse in the HBO drama series True Blood from 2008 to 2014
He is also known for his roles in the movies Don’t Fade Away (2009) as Jackson White, Red Hill (2010) as Shane Cooper, Griff the Invisible (2011) as Griff, Mystery Road (2013) as Pete Bailey, The Right Kind of Wrong (2013) as Leo Palamino, Reach Me (2014) as Jack Burns, and as Conall the monk, in the movie Northmen: A Viking Saga (2014).
Kwanten first appeared in the movie Signal One in 1994, playing the role of a kid.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Kludd in the 2010 3D computer-animated fantasy adventure film Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole.
First TV Show
Ryan had his television debut via the TV series A Country Practice in 1992, playing the character of Ben Lloyd.
As a voice artist, he made his TV show debut by voicing the character of Brewster the Beast Trapper in the animated children’s adventure musical series Jake and the Never Land Pirates in 2014.
Ryan definitely works out!
For the Men’s Health magazine, Ryan gave a few tips on how he concentrates on staying fit and healthy all the time, which you can read more here.
Ryan Kwanten Favorite Things
- Yoga Pose – Scorpion
- Movie Characters – Butch Cassidy, Martin Riggs, Andrew Beckett
- Actors – Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, Daniel Day-Lewis
- Music – Rock
- Bands – The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Smashing Pumpkins
- Musicians – Mark Lizotte (Diesel), Jeff Buckley
Source – US Magazine
Ryan Kwanten Facts
- His mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was able to beat it.
- He is an animal lover.
- He has broken every knuckle of his right hand.
- Ryan has huge respect for his dad.
- He doesn’t like microwaves and pompous people.
- Kwanten hasn’t been through any formal acting training.
- Ryan was bitten by a shark in the past.
- He loves odd numbers.
- He provided vocals to the character of Blinky Bill in the 2015 computer-animated adventure comedy film Blinky Bill the Movie. This performance got him nominated for a Kids’ Choice Award for “Favorite Voice in an Animated Film”.
- Ryan calls his brothers by the nicknames “Tenoskipoo” and “Goo.”
- He admires the quote of Muhammad Ali “Champions… have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
- Ryan’s cat’s name is Sweeney Todd.