|Sami Zayn Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1984|
Sami Zayn is a Canadian professional wrestler who has competed in the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) under its SmackDown and NXT brands and has won the WWE Intercontinental Championship and the NXT Championship. Before joining WWE, he had competed in several promotions and independent circuits in more than 20 different countries, winning titles such as the PWI: BWP (Britannia Wrestling Promotions) World Catchweight Championship, the DDT Extreme Division Championship, the GBG Heavyweight Championship, the International Wrestling Syndicate (IWS) World Heavyweight Championship (twice), the IWS World Tag Team Championship, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) World Championship (twice), the PWG World Tag Team Championship (5 times), the Pro Wrestling Prestige (PWP) Heavyweight Championship, the Puerto Rico Wrestling Association (PRWA) Caribbean Championship, the Ring of Honor (ROH) World Tag Team Championship, the ROH World Television Championship, the STHLM Wrestling Championship, the Westside Xtreme Wrestling (wXw) Unified World Wrestling Championship, and the wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament. Although he is known to be a very private person, he has often supported several charities and non-profit organizations. In 2017, he had set up a fund called ‘Sami for Syria’ to raise money for the Syrian American Medical Society.
El Generico, Sami Zayn, Stevie McFly, Sammy Sane, Weapon Of Mask Destruction, The Heart and Soul of NXT, The Underdog from the Underground, Battery Man, The Untouchable
Laval, Québec, Canada
He splits his time between Montréal, Québec, Canada, and Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Syrian descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a thick, rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Frizzy, overgrown hair
Sami Zayn Facts
- In 2013, Sami became the first wrestler of Syrian descent to compete in the WWE. Both his parents had relocated to Canada from the western Syrian city of Homs in the 1970s, much before Sami’s birth. The following year, in 2014, he had won the WWE NXT Superstar of the Year award. He had also started wrestling without a mask after joining the WWE. Before this, since his debut in 2002, he used to compete with a mask.
- As of August 2020, he was the only wrestler to have won both Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG)’s annual tournaments – the Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament (2010) and the Battle of Los Angeles (2011).
- In 2015, he was ranked at number 23 in the PWI 500, an annual list of the best 500 male wrestlers published by the renowned Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine. He was also ranked at number 70 in 2019.
- Sami was included in a video game for the first time in the official WWE 2K15 game where he was given his own career path in the Who Got NXT mode. He was regularly included as a playable character in the subsequent editions of the game – WWE 2K16, WWE 2K17, WWE 2K18, WWE 2K19, and WWE 2K20.
- Owing to his Syrian heritage and his days growing up in Canada, he is proficient in both Arabic and French, along with his fluency in English.
Featured Image by Sami Zayn / Instagram