|Sandra Lee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1966|
Sandra Lee is an American chef and author who is best known for developing a cooking concept, called ‘Semi-Homemade’, that uses 70% pre-packaged products and 30% fresh ingredients. For her work as the host of a TV show based on the same concept, titled Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, she had won a Daytime Emmy Award in 2012 in the category of ‘Outstanding Lifestyle/Culinary Show Host’. She has also published several books on that theme including Semi-Homemade Desserts (2003), Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes (2006), Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals (2006), Semi-Homemade Cooking Made Light (2006), and Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Recipe Card Collection (2007).
Sandra Lee Waldroop
Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Sandra had graduated from the Onalaska High School, a public school in Onalaska, Wisconsin. She had then studied at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, a public university in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
In December of her junior year, she had left her course to live closer to her family in Malibu, California. She had later joined a 2-week recreational course at Le Cordon Bleu (an international network of hospitality and culinary schools teaching French cuisine) in Ottawa, Canada, which she did not finish.
- Father – Wayne Waldroop
- Mother – Vicky Svitak
- Siblings – Cindy Waldroop (Younger Sister)
- Others – Lorraine Waldroop (Paternal Grandmother), Kimmy (Younger Half-Sister), Richie (Younger Half-Brother), Johnny (Younger Half-Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sandra has dated –
- Bruce Karatz (2001–2005) – Sandra had married American businessman and philanthropist Bruce Karatz in 2001 and had even converted to Judaism for this. The couple had parted ways in 2005.
- Andrew Cuomo (2005-2019) – Sandra had started dating politician, author, and lawyer Andrew Cuomo in the fall of 2005. When Andrew became the 56th governor of New York in 2011, she began to serve as New York’s de facto First Lady. She had held that unofficial title until September 25, 2019, when the couple had announced that they had ended their relationship.
- Ben Youcef (2021-Present) – Sandra reportedly started dating actor and producer Ben Youcef in 2021. In August 2021, the couple was rumored to be engaged after she was seen wearing a ring on her left ring finger.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
Sandra Lee Facts
- In the early 1990s, before she had made her name as a celebrity chef, Sandra had conceptualized a home-decorating kit that could turn a wire rack and sheets into decorative drapery. It was branded as ‘Sandra Lee Kraft Kurtains’ and had made sales of more than USD 20 million within 18 months.
- In May 2015, she had been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer. By that time, she had already undergone lumpectomy (surgical removal of a discrete portion of breast tissue). She was also scheduled for a double mastectomy for further treatment.
- In October 2015, she had to be urgently admitted to a hospital due to sudden fluid buildup. This complication, during her recovery phase, was monitored and treated, and she had become cancer-free by the middle of 2016.
- Her memoir, entitled Made From Scratch, was published in November 2007.
- In 2012, she had launched a monthly lifestyle magazine in partnership with TV Guide, a digital media company that provides TV program listings information and entertainment-related news.
Featured Image by Sandra Lee / Instagram