|Scott Coker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Scott Coker is an American former martial artist, Taekwondoin, former movie stuntman, and combat sports promoter who had founded the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) promotion and kickboxing organization Strikeforce in 1985. He had served as the CEO of the organization for several years before its sale in 2011. In June 2014, he was appointed the President of Bellator MMA, an American mixed martial arts promotion that was founded in 2008 and is one of the largest combat sports promotions in the world. He was brought to the helm to ensure that the organization sheds its image of a tournament-focused promotion.
Seoul, South Korea
San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
Scott had attended the Henry T. Gunderson High School in San Jose, California.
Martial Artist (Retired), Taekwondoin, Former Movie Stuntman, Combat Sports Promoter
- Father – His father was an executive in an import/export company and a former member of the American military.
- Mother – His mother was a singer.
- Siblings – He has an older brother and a younger brother.
Scott Coker’s net worth had been $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of American descent on his father’s side and Korean descent on his mother’s side.
- Stocky frame
- Receding hairline
- Clean-shaven look
- Puffy face
Scott Coker Facts
- Scott’s father had moved to South Korea just after the Korean War (1950–1953) for business purposes. He had met his mother, a Korean woman, while she was singing at a USO (United Service Organizations, a nonprofit charitable corporation that provides live entertainment and other programs to members of the United States Armed Forces and their families) club. They eventually got married in December 1959 and Scott was born in 1962. When he was about 9 years old, the family had relocated to the United States, where they had eventually settled down in San Jose, California, in 1973.
- He had trained under the renowned American martial artist, actor, and fight choreographer Ernie Reyes Sr. He was one among the 8 students who were a part of Ernie’s first graduating class of black belts, in the late 1970s. Scott had started teaching karate and mixed martial arts to novices when he was about 19 years old. He had later obtained an 8th-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
- Before becoming a business executive in MMA and kickboxing promotions, he also used to work as an extra in movies. He had played the role of a fighter in films like The Last Dragon (1985), Dragon Fight (1989), and Surf Ninjas (1993).
- In 1986, a year after founding Strikeforce, he had become one of the first directors of ISKA (International Sport Karate Association). After Strikeforce was acquired by the sports promotion company Zuffa, LLC, in March 2011, they had retained him in the organization for a contractual period of three years, which ended in April 2014.
- In 2015, Combat Press, a news organization devoted to covering the world of MMA and kickboxing, had honored him with their ‘Executive of the Year’ award.
Featured Image by Scott Coker / Instagram