|Sergej Milinković-Savić Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sergej Milinković-Savić‘s immense attacking ability has drawn a comparison with the French legend Zinedine Zidane. His strong and imposing presence has also led to some in Italian press dubbing him the next Pogba. His move to Lazio has been very successful and has also improved his game to draw attention from some of the leading clubs such as Real Madrid. During his stay with the club, the Lazio owner and chairman, Claudio Lotito, maintained that he would only consider selling his star midfielder if he received an absurd bid.
Sergej Milinković-Savić honed his skills and ability at the youth academy of the Serbian club, Vojvodina.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Nikola Milinković (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Milana Savić (Former Professional Basketball Player)
- Siblings – Vanja Milinković-Savić (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
Sergej Milinković-Savić is represented by Mateja Kezman.
4 – FK Vojvodina Novi Sad
21 – FK Vojvodina Novi Sad, SS Lazio
20 – KRC Genk, Serbia National team
17 – Serbia National team
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Serbian ancestry.
- Goatee Beard
- Tall and imposing presence
Sergej Milinković-Savić has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike. Due to the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Nike cleats for his professional matches. He renewed his contract with Nike in December 2017.
Best Known For
Being one of the most promising midfielders in Europe. He has been considered as one of the most complete midfielders and is considered a perfect example of an all-around modern midfielder. His performance for Lazio has attracted the attention of scouts from several big clubs.
First Soccer Match
In November 2013, Sergej Milinković-Savić made his professional debut with Vojvodina in a match against Jagodina. The match ended in a humiliating 3-0 defeat.
In August 2014, he made his debut for Genk in a league match against Cercle Brugge. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
In August 2015, he made his first appearance for Lazio in the first leg round match of the Champions League play-off round against Bayer Leverkusen. His side won the match by a single goal.
In November 2017, he made his first appearance for the Serbian national team in a friendly match against China.
- Attacking Movement
- Long Shots
- Technical Ability
- Often goes for complicated options over simpler ones
- Often tries too hard
- Sometimes lacks consistency
Sergej Milinković-Savić regularly hits the gym for conditioning and strength training workouts as he further aims to improve the physical side of his game. He also relies on team training sessions to further enhance the technical side of his game.
Sergej Milinković-Savić Favorite Things
- Player – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Source – The Guardian
Sergej Milinković-Savić Facts
- Sergej started his soccer journey with the youth team of the Portuguese club, Sporting CP. At that time, his father used to play for the club.
- In December 2012, he signed his first professional contract as he agreed to a 3-year deal with Vojvodina.
- In March 2014, he scored his first professional goal in a match against Spartak Subotica which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- The 2013-14 season proved to be his breakthrough season as he went on to make 13 league appearances. He also managed to score 3 goals in the league.
- In June 2014, he moved to Belgium as Genk reached a transfer deal with Vojvodina. The transfer fee wasn’t revealed to the public.
- In January 2015, he scored his first goal for Genk in a league match against KSC Lokeren. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- In his only season with Genk, he managed to make 24 appearances in the league along with scoring 5 league goals.
- Lazio announced that they had signed Milinković-Savić from Genk in July 2015.
- Before he agreed to a move to Lazio, he nearly moved to Fiorentina. However, on the day he was supposed to sign a contract with the Viola, he broke down in tears and decided against the move.
- In September 2016, he scored his first professional goal for Lazio in the Europa League match against Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- He went on to score his first Serie A goal in an away match against Fiorentina in January 2016. Lazio managed to win the match by 3-1.
- In his debut season, he managed to make 25 league appearance. The following season, he established himself as a mainstay of the team and made 34 league appearances. He managed to score 4 goals in the league as well.
- He proved himself as one of the best midfielders in the Italian top flight in the 2017-2018 season as he went on to score 12 goals in 35 league matches. He had formed an exciting attacking partnership with Luis Alberto and Ciro Immobile.
- In August 2017, he managed to win Supercoppa Italiana with Lazio as they managed to overcome Juventus by 3-2 with Alessandro Murgia scoring the winner in the injury time.
- He was also a member of the Serbian squad that emerged victorious at the 2013 UEFA Under-19 Championship.
- Milinković-Savić was a mainstay of the Serbian team that managed to win the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup. His great performances for the team helped him win Bronze Ball at the end of the tournament.
- In the summer of 2018, he was heavily courted by the leading clubs such as Real Madrid, PSG, AC Milan, and Manchester United. However, he decided to remain at the Italian club for another season.
- Follow Sergej Milinković-Savić on Instagram.
Featured Image by Sergej Milinković-Savić / Instagram