SF9 is a 9-membered South Korean dance boy band which made its debut with the release of its first single album, Feeling Sensation, on October 5, 2016. The group has been formed by FNC Entertainment and has gained popularity with the release of its many albums, EPs, and songs like Sensational Feeling Nine, First Collection, Illuminate, Breaking Sensation, Burning Sensation, Mamma Mia!, Knights of the Sun, O Sole Mio, and Still My Lady.
- Youngbin – Leader, Rapper
- Inseong – Main Vocalist
- Jaeyoon – Sub-Vocalist
- Dawon – Sub-Vocalist
- Rowoon – Lead Vocalist
- Zuho – Main Rapper
- Taeyang – Sub-Vocalist, Main Dancer
- Hwiyoung – Sub-Rapper
Seoul, South Korea
K-Pop, Dance Pop, R&B, Hip Hop
FNC Entertainment, Warner Japan
- SF9 released its first EP, Burning Sensation, on February 6, 2017, through FNC Entertainment and it included tracks such as Youth;tell me what it is, Still My Lady, Roar, and Shut Up N’ Lemme Go. The extended play peaked at number #3 on the Korean Gaon Chart and was ranked at number #6 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
- The band released its first studio album, Sensational Feeling Nine, via Warner Music Japan on December 13, 2017, and it was ranked at number #7 on the Oricon chart. The album comprised of songs like Empty, ROAR, Hide and Seek, Just On My Way, and Still My Lady.
- SF9 stands for ‘Sensational Feeling 9’.
- Before its debut, SF9 was named NEOZ Dance and on December 11, 2015, the group performed for the first time in Japan.
- NEOZ Dance also competed in the FNC Entertainment’s survival show d.o.b (Dance or Band) in May 2016 and eventually emerged as the winner.
- The boy band was named ‘SF9’ in August 2016.
- On April 18, 2017, the group released its 2nd extended play, Breaking Sensation, which had 6 songs including Easy Love, Hide and Seek, and Why. The EP was ranked at number #5 on Gaon Album Chart as well as the Billboard World Albums Chart.
- The group bagged the Seoul Success Award for “Rookie of the Year” and Fandom School Award for “Best Rookie Award” in 2017.
- SF9 performed at KCON 2017 in New York and L.A.
- In 2018, SF9 won the “Rising Star Award” at the Asia Artist Awards.
- The boy band released its 3rd studio album, First Collection, on January 7, 2020, and it peaked at number #2 on the Gaon Album Chart and at number #30 on the Oricon Chart.
- The group’s debut music show win came on the music show, M Countdown, on January 16, 2020.
Featured Image by Tenasia / YouTube / CC BY 3.0