|Shae Gill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Musician||A. R. Rahman|
Shae Gill is a Pakistani singer who burst into the limelight after the release of the song Pasoori in February 2022 featuring herself along with Ali Sethi, the number having been part of the 14th season of Coke Studio (Pakistan) and having garnered more than 230 million views, as of July 2022.
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
She went to Forman Christian College where she studied Economics.
Pakistani Pop, Punjabi Folk, Reggaeton
- Coke Studio (Pakistan)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Pakistani descent.
- Thick eyebrows
- Cheerful smile
- Shapely lips
- High cheekbones
Shae Gill Favorite Things
- Musician – A. R. Rahman, having dreamed of collaborating with him
Source – Instagram
Shae Gill Facts
- She was raised in Lahore.
- She has affirmed that she always had a strong affinity for music, having started singing from a tender age.
- Shae has recalled that when she was attending Forman Christian College, she was staying at a hostel with friends among whom her best buddy in May 2019 started encouraging her to open an Instagram page to upload videos of herself singing. She got motivated enough to create her Instagram account, and thus began her musical journey on social media. In one of the clips shared by her, she revealed how her singing career began.
- On May 17, 2019, she made her debut on Instagram by releasing Ankhain Milany Waly. She went on to have a lot of fun singing random songs, that she continued uploading on her Instagram handle.
- She had first gained popularity for her performance of Faiz Ahmed Faiz’s poem Aaj Bazaar Mai, which she had recorded for the local feminist publication Womanistan.
- Shae has disclosed that composer Zulfiqar Jabbar Khan had seen her cover versions of various songs on Instagram, and been so impressed, that he contacted her via a direct message conveying that he wanted her to sing for Coke Studio.
- Her Pasoori co-singer Ali Sethi had been amazed by her singing skills and gone on to call her the “Dua Lipa of Pakistan”.
- Regarding her musical influences, she has stated that people who have lived life passionately, have always inspired her.
- Gill has stated that she hails from a Christian family who has taught her that she can make prayers for people from different religions.
- She has craved to write songs and has wanted to learn classical music.
- She has loved mushrooms in pizzas.
Featured Image by Shae / Instagram