|Sharon Osbourne Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1952|
Sharon Osbourne is a multi-faceted English television personality and author. She is a businesswoman, music manager, media personality, television talent competition judge, author, modern impresario, and promoter. Her debut venture into the television industry was appearing in the reality show based on her family, The Osbournes. She has also been a judge on the shows like The X Factor and America’s Got Talent.
Sharon Rachel Levy
Shaz, Heavy Metal Mom
Brixton, London, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between –
- Jordans, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
- Malibu, California, U.S.
Sharon Osbourne dropped out of school at the age of 15 as she hated schooling.
She has previously attended Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, the popular London based stage school.
Music manager, Promoter, Media Personality, Television Talent Competition Judge, Businesswoman, Talk Show Host, Author
- Father – Don Arden (Businessman, Author, Music Manager, Publicist, Agent)
- Mother – Hope Arden
- Siblings – David Arden (Older Brother), Dixie (Stepsister)
- Others – Lazarus Levy (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Black (Paternal Grandmother)
Sharon Osbourne is represented by Los Angeles based Imprint PR (Publicist).
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Osbourne has dated –
- Jay Leno (1977) – In 2013, Sharon revealed that she had a very short-lived affair with TV personality and comedian, Jay Leno. She was 25 years old at the time and had just moved to America. She met him at a club, where he was doing standup comedy. She was invited by her friend to the club.
- Ozzy Osbourne (1970-Present) – Sharon first met singer and songwriter Ozzy Osbourne at the age of 18 while his band Black Sabbath was managed by her father, Don Arden. She started dating him in 1979 after having started working as his manager. He was sacked from Black Sabbath by her father and she decided to take over the representation duties. They got married in July 1982 in a romantic wedding ceremony held in Hawaii. Their early years as a married couple were adversely affected by drug abuse and violence. He regularly used to assault her under the influence of drugs. In August 1989, he was arrested for attempted murder after he tried to strangle her. After the incident, he underwent 6-month-long rehab to take care of his addiction problem and she eventually decided against pressing charges. In September 1983, Sharon gave birth to their first daughter, Aimee Osbourne. They welcomed their second daughter, Kelly Osbourne, into their family in October 1984. Their only son, Jack Osbourne was born in November 1985. In May 2016, she announced that she was dumping Ozzy after it emerged that he had an affair with celebrity stylist Michelle Pugh. Sharon claimed that he had affairs with 6 women. But they managed to work out their differences and eventually got back together.
- Randy Rhoads (1980) – Sharon had a fling with American heavy metal guitarist Randy Rhoads, while he was working with Ozzy Osbourne’s band. Apparently, she had to leave her house for a night and she went with Randy. They got drunk at his place and then got intimate. When she reportedly told Ozzy about the incident, he assaulted her.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. While on her mother’s side, she has Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Sharon’s hair has mostly been seen in various hues of red.
Green with a hint of brown
- Red Hair Color
- Short Height
- High Cheekbones
Sharon Osbourne has appeared in a series of TV commercials (as well as print ads) for the Atkins Nutritionals, which sells weight loss and healthy eating products.
She has also appeared in these TV commercials –
- CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes (alongside her husband, Ozzy Osbourne)
Best Known For
- Having served as the judge for the reality TV show The X Factor for multiple seasons
- Having served as one of the original hosts of the daytime talk show, The Talk
First TV Show
In 1998, Sharon Osbourne made her first TV show appearance in the biographical music TV series, Behind the Music.
In 1999, Sharon Osbourne managed to lose more than a hundred pounds with a Gastric Band Surgery. But she didn’t feel healthy and used to vomit regularly. So, she eventually got it removed and decided to rely on a healthy lifestyle and dietary choices to keep herself fit and trim. She especially relies on low carb Atkins diet to keep herself in the right shape.
However, she is not a big fan of working out. She just makes sure that she keeps her muscles moving and for this, she relies on her regular walks. Also, she tries to stay on her feet as much as she can.
Sharon Osbourne Favorite Things
- Cleansing Wipes – Boots
- Haircare Essentials – Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel
- Beauty Essentials – Terry Laque de Rose Nude Tinted Replenishing Lip Care, Sonia Kashuk Primping for a Cause Eyelash Curler, Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer, Nars Blush Desire-Cotton Candy Pink, E.l.f. Essential Mechanical Eyelash Curler, and Sonia Kashuk Limited Edition ‘Knock on Wood’ Brush Set
- Cravings – Sandwiches, French Bread, and Cakes
Sharon Osbourne Facts
- She has established her own talent management company called Sharon Osbourne Management, which has worked with popular music acts such as The Smashing Pumpkins, Queen, Lita Ford, and Motörhead.
- She has been reported to have turned down a representation request from the iconic rock band Guns N’ Roses. She was also approached by Courtney Love and Fred Durst but she decided to turn them down.
- While growing up, she dreamed of becoming a ballerina.
- In 2002, she was diagnosed with colon cancer and in July 2002, she underwent surgery. She also had to undergo chemotherapy because of which her hair fell out and she had to rely on wigs for her TV appearances. Her battle with the condition was covered in the second season of The Osbournes.
- In August 2004, she established the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program at Cedars Sinai Hospital as she aimed to use her experience and her influence to help those who were suffering from the same condition that had devastated her life a couple of years ago.
- In November 2012, she revealed that she had got a double mastectomy done after realizing that she had a gene that increases the probability of having breast cancer.
- She lost her virginity at the age of 17 and about two months later, she realized that she was pregnant. She later underwent an abortion, which she has repeatedly called the mistake of her life. She has also revealed that she was pressurized, especially by her mother, to go for it.
- Although she was born in a well to do family, she had a less than ideal childhood. She has revealed that while growing up, she was surrounded by violence and regularly used to see her father threatening people and brandishing firearms to make his point.
- In 1996, she started the Ozzfest summer touring festival in a bid to boost her husband’s career. She had previously approached Lollapalooza to feature Ozzy’s performance but her request was turned down and she decided to start her own festival.
- In August 2005, she reportedly humiliated Iron Maiden during their performance at Ozzfest. The PA System was thrice switched off during their performance. Also, members of her entourage and other people influenced by Osbourne threw ice, eggs, and bottle caps at the band.
- After Iron Maiden left the stage, she took to stage to issue few statements which included calling frontman Bruce Dickinson a prick. She had accused him of making negative statements about her husband. However, in reality, Dickinson had said nothing about Ozzy and had simply slammed Sharon’s reality TV show, The Osbournes.
- In 2004, her family home in Buckinghamshire was burgled by a man, who stole jewelry worth £2 million including wedding rings, the engagement ring, and two pairs of diamond earrings.
- In March 2005, a blaze broke out at her family mansion while Sharon and her husband were sleeping. They managed to escape unhurt but had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
- In July 2011, she was caught in a controversy along with fellow The Talk panelists after they praised Catherine Kieu for chopping off her husband’s genitals and putting it in the garbage.
- In 2009, Yahoo included Sharon in their list featuring Top 10 TV Moms from Six Decades of Television for the time period 2002–2005.
- In October 2005, she released her autobiography, Extreme, which she had co-authored with Penelope Dening. The book proved to be extremely successful and remained at the top of the Sunday Times Bestseller List (UK) for 15 weeks.
- In 2006, her autobiography was selected as ‘Biography of the Year’ at the prestigious British Book Awards.
- She has openly admitted to having undergone multiple cosmetic surgeries. She is estimated to have spent over £300,000 on plastic surgery.
- In September 2010, she released her debut fiction book, Revenge. However, her fiction work wasn’t able to replicate the success of her memoirs.
- She has been made the honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, which works to raise awareness about multiple myeloma, which is a form of incurable blood cancer.
- In October 2020, she along with her spouse Ozzy Osbourne were the victim of credit card fraud. Someones ‘maxed out’ both of their credit cards.
- In December 2020, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19. She had the symptoms of headache, eye ache, body ache, dizziness, and even sickness. Luckily, she got recovered but felt very tired for some time afterward.
- On March 26, 2021, she left The Talk after the racism controversy that happened due to her support for Piers Morgan regarding his remarks about Meghan Markle.
- In October 2021, Sharon underwent facelift surgery. However, she was not pleased with the results of the surgery and later got it redone.
- In December 2022, Sharon was hospitalized after suffering a medical emergency on set of a ghost-themed TV show.
Featured image by Sharon Osbourne / Instagram