|Shawne Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1986|
Shawne Williams is an American professional basketball player and reality-TV star. He has played for teams such as Indiana Pacers (2006-2008), Dallas Mavericks (2008-2010), and Miami Heat (2014–2015) in the NBA, and Iowa Wolves (2017-2018) in the NBA G League. In January 2019, he made his debut for Al-Riffa in the Bahraini Premier League.
Shawne Brian Williams
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Shawne played high school basketball for Laurinburg Institute in Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States. In 2005, he then enrolled in the University of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
Professional Basketball Player, Reality-TV Star
- Mother – Marcia Williams
- Siblings – Ramone Williams (Older Brother) (He was murdered in 2005)
Small Forward/Power Forward
- 3 – Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons
- 4 – Indiana Pacers, Memphis Tigers, Dallas Mavericks, Al-Riffa
- 7 – New Jersey Nets
- 40 – Iowa Wolves
- 43 – Miami Heat
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shawne Williams has dated –
- Molly Mclane (2011-2013)
- Jessica “Dimepiece” Dime (2016-Present) – Shawne started dating the rapper and reality-TV star, Jessica Dime, best known for starring on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (2015-2018), in August 2016. They got engaged on April 5, 2017, and welcomed their 1st kid, a daughter named Blessing Briel’ Williams, on April 23, 2018. Jessica’s sun sign is also Aquarius and the couple occasionally uses a hashtag #aquariusseason on social media.
Note: Shawne has a son named Shawne Williams Jr., born in 2013, but chose to omit who his mother was.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Shawne Williams Favorite Things
- Subject In High School – Physical Education
- Basketball Player In High School – Michael Jordan
- Movie Genre – Action
- Music Genres – R&B, Hip-Hop
- Video Game Genre – Adventure
Source – NBA
Shawne Williams Facts
- His grandparents raised him.
- His life revolved around sports for as long as he can remember. He switched between football, basketball, and baseball, depending on the season.
- When he enrolled in high school, the coach forced him to pick a sport to focus on. Shawne picked basketball, even though everyone in his family played baseball.
- He described himself as “kind of quiet” as a kid.
- Rivals.com, a network of websites for recruiting college football and basketball players, considered him a 5-star high school recruit. He was the 15th player in the nation and the 5th shooting guard on their list in 2005.
- Shawne and a fellow basketball player, Jimmy Williams, were sued in 2006 on allegations they took cash in exchange for favors. Shawne was accused of accepting $39.8k in cash and $9.7k in hotel rooms, cell phone service, and airfare during the 2005-2006 season playing for the Memphis Tigers. The lawyer dropped the suit in November 2006.
- He was chosen as the 17th overall pick in the 1st round, selected by Indiana Pacers out of college in the 2006 NBA Draft.
- Shawne was arrested and charged for possession of marijuana on September 11, 2007.
- He was arrested for possession and conspiracy to sell codeine-based syrup in January 2010. In April 2010, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor drug possession, donated $10k to the Shelby County Drug Treatment Court, and received 6 months of probation.
- He was re-arrested on drug charges on December 13, 2012, for the possession of marijuana and a bottle of codeine cough syrup he wasn’t prescribed.
- After he was waived by Los Angeles Lakers on January 7, 2014, Shawne fell into a 3-day depression where he only ate and slept on the couch, and didn’t even change his clothes. On the 4th day, “a light flickered” and he snapped out of it.
- An AP NBA writer, Tim Reynolds, once made a remark that Shawne physically resembles “a disturbingly tall Drake“.
- Shawne was drafted into Ice Cube‘s 3-on-3 basketball league, BIG3, in 2019.
Featured Image by nbagleague / YouTube