|Shay Mooney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1991|
Shay Mooney is an American singer, songwriter, and musician who is best known for being one-half of the country music duo, Dan + Shay, alongside Dan Smyers. The duo has released many tracks and albums which include the likes of From the Ground Up, Dan + Shay, Show You Off, and How Not To. Apart from that, Shay Mooney has also garnered a huge social media fan base as he enjoys more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
James Shay Mooney
Natural Dam, Crawford County, Arkansas, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Shay Mooney studied at the Union Christian Academy, a private Christian school located in Fort Smith, Arkansas, as well as at Van Buren High School, a comprehensive public high school located in Van Buren, Arkansas.
Later on, he got enrolled at the University of Valley Forge in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Rick Mooney
- Mother – Cindy Mooney
- Siblings – Gabby Mooney (Sister)
- Others – Willie Dean Mooney (Paternal Grandfather), Beverly Ann (Paternal Grandmother), James Earl “Jim” Reed (Maternal Grandfather), James Wallace Reed (Maternal Great Grandfather), Lena Audrey Comstock (Maternal Great Grandmother), Delores Barnes Nobles (Maternal Grandmother)
As a member of Dan + Shay, he is represented by Sandbox Entertainment, Music Artist Management Company, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States.
Country, Country Pop
Nappy Boy Entertainment (Former), Warner Nashville
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shay Mooney has dated –
- Hannah Billingsley (2013-Present) – He started going out with Hannah Billingsley, former Miss Arkansas, in the year 2013 and the duo announced on October 8, 2016, that they were expecting their first child together. They were blessed with a son named Asher James Mooney on January 24, 2017, and eventually, the couple got married in Arkansas on October 20, 2017. They also have a son named Ames Alexander (b. February 21, 2020). In August 2022, the couple announced that they were expecting their 3rd child together, a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
Shay Mooney is of English and Irish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Usually sports a light beard
- Short stature
Shay Mooney Facts
- He grew up in Natural Dam, Arkansas.
- Before Dan + Shay, Shay Mooney pursued a musical career as a solo artist.
- Being a part of Dan + Shay, he released his debut studio album, Where It All Began, on April 1, 2014, through Warner Bros. Nashville. It comprised of songs such as 19 You + Me, Show You Off, Somewhere Only We Know, What You Do to Me, and Nothin’ Like You and was ranked at number #1 in the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #6 in the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Where It All Began also became a certified “Gold” by the United States (RIAA).
- Dan + Shay has won several awards such as the ASCAP Country Music Award, Grammy Award, Billboard Music Award, and Academy of Country Music Award.
- In October 2022, Shay revealed that he had lost almost 50 lbs weight in 5 months.
Featured Image by Jana Beamer / Flickr / CC BY 2.0