|Sherfane Rutherford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1998|
Sherfane Rutherford is a Guyanese professional cricketer who has represented the West Indies in the shortest format of the sport (T20Is). In the Caribbean domestic circuit, he has played for his home country of Guyana (2017–Present) across all 3 formats. A hard-hitting middle-order batter, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Guyana Amazon Warriors (2018–2020) and St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Delhi Capitals (2019), Mumbai Indians (2020), Sunrisers Hyderabad (2021), and Royal Challengers Bangalore (2022-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Sylhet Thunder (2019-20) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); Karachi Kings (2020) and Peshawar Zalmi (2021–2022) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Colombo Stars (2021) in the LPL (Lanka Premier League); and Sydney Sixers in the BBL (Big Bash League).
Sherfane Eviston Rutherford
Enmore, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
He is represented by Eddie Tolchard, Manager and Booking Agent, Insignia Sports International, Sports Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Middle Order Batter
50 – Guyana Amazon Warriors (CPL), St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots (CPL), Delhi Capitals (IPL), Peshawar Zalmi (PSL)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sherfane has dated –
- Aliana Rutherford (2018-Present) – Sherfane began dating Aliana in 2018 and they later tied the knot. They have a son together named Saeed Rutherford (b. May 2022).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Guyanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thin goatee
Sherfane Rutherford Favorite Things
- Movie Franchise – Rambo (1982-2019)
- Musician – Kirk Franklin
- Holiday Destination – Dubai
Source – Mumbai Indians
Sherfane Rutherford Facts
- Sherfane, in June 2018, was named to the representative Cricket West Indies B squad that was to participate in the inaugural edition of the Global T20 Canada, a 20-over cricket tournament played in Canada that was the first fully sanctioned T20 league in North America outside of the Caribbean. He made a big impression in the tournament, ending up as his team’s highest run-scorer with 230 runs in 8 matches.
- In October 2018, he was included in the West Indies T20I squad for a bilateral series against India. However, he could not break into the playing XI in any of the matches.
- In December 2018, he was included in the West Indies T20I squad for a bilateral series against Bangladesh. He eventually made his T20I (and international) debut for the West Indies, against Bangladesh, on December 22, 2018.
- In September 2021, he was included in the Sunrisers Hyderabad squad for the second phase of the 2021 season of the IPL, as a replacement player for England’s Jonny Bairstow. That IPL season had to be split into 2 parts and the second half was played in the United Arab Emirates because the initial part of the tournament that was being played in India was heavily hampered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This meant that this was the 3rd straight IPL season that he had been acquired by a different franchise – after Delhi Capitals in 2019 and Mumbai Indians in 2020. The streak continued in 2022 when he was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore at the mega auction.
Featured Image by Sherfane Rutherford / Instagram