|Ishan Kishan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ishan Kishan is an Indian professional cricketer who had made his debut for the country’s senior national team in March 2021, in the T20I format. He had first come into the spotlight in 2016 when he had captained India to the final of the year’s ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. A dynamic wicketkeeper-batsman, his abilities were soon noticed as he was picked to play for the now-defunct Gujarat Lions franchise (2016–2017) in the IPL (Indian Premier League). At the 2018 IPL player auction, he was acquired by the Mumbai Indians (2018-Present) for a whopping INR 6.2 crores. He soon became a vital cog in the team’s robust middle order that drove them to title-winning campaigns in both 2019 and 2020. In the domestic circuit, he has represented Jharkhand (2014–Present) across all 3 formats.
Ishan Pranav Kumar Pandey Kishan
Patna, Bihar, India
- Father – Pranav Kumar Pandey (Builder)
- Mother – Suchitra Singh
- Siblings – Raj Kishan (Brother) (Former State Level Cricketer)
- 32 – T20 International (T20I)
- 51, 23 – Mumbai Indians (IPL)
- 23 – Gujarat Lions (IPL)
- 18 – Under-19 ODI
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ishan has dated –
- Aditi Hundia – Model Aditi Hundia and Ishan were first linked together in 2019 when in the IPL final, Mumbai Indians had defeated Chennai Super Kings to win the IPL title. In 2017, Aditi was the winner of the Femina Miss India Rajasthan title.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports ear studs
- Has elaborate tattoos on both his hands
Ishan Kishan Facts
- Like most Indian youngsters, Ishan too had grown up dreaming of becoming an international cricketer. He found strong support and encouragement from his brother Raj who was a talented state-level cricketer as well. He grew up idolizing iconic wicketkeeper-batsmen M.S. Dhoni and Adam Gilchrist.
- Hailing from Patna, the capital city of Bihar, he was set to make his debut for the state team in the domestic circuit. However, due to a registration issue between the Bihar Cricket Association and the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) at that time, he was forced to represent the neighboring state, Jharkhand.
- In November 2016, he had recorded an inning of 273 runs against domestic giants Delhi in a Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class tournament in India) match. This was the then-highest score by a Jharkhand player in the tournament’s history. The following season (2017–18), he was Jharkhand’s leading run-scorer in the Ranji Trophy, with 484 runs in just 6 matches.
- His friends had given him the nickname ‘Definite’ as they felt that he looked similar to the character of ‘Definite Khan’ that was portrayed by writer, actor, director, and producer Zeishan Quadri in the cult classic Hindi-language epic crime film Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2 (2012).
- In his international debut for India, in March 2021, in a T20I against England, he was made to open the innings in a tricky chase of 164. Thrust into an unfamiliar batting position, he responded brilliantly with a stroke-filled inning of 56 runs off just 32 balls. He was awarded the ‘Player of the Match’ trophy for his performance and had become the first Indian cricketer since Ajinkya Rahane in 2011 to have scored a half-century in his debut T20I match.
- For IPL 2022, Ishan was sold for INR 15.25 crores to Mumbai Indians during the mega auction. With this, he became the second most expensive Indian buy in the IPL auction history with Yuvraj Singh being the highest with INR 16 crores in 2015 (who was sold to Delhi Capitals).
- In February 2022, Ishan was hospitalized after he got hit by a speeding 146 km/hr ball on his head (while he was wearing a helmet) during the second T20I against Sri Lanka in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala.
- In December 2022, in a third ODI match against Bangladesh, Ishan Kishan scored the fastest double-century in ODI cricket history. He scored the double-century in 126 balls. With this, he became the 7th batter in the world to score an ODI double ton and the 4th Indian overall after Rohit Sharma, Virender Sehwag, and Sachin Tendulkar.
- At 24, he became the youngest player to score a double century in December 2022 against Bangladesh.
- As per the list released in March 2023, Ishan was included in BCCI’s 1-crore annual contract list for the 2022-2023 season.
Featured Image by Ishan Kishan / Instagram