|Sam Underwood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1987|
Sam Underwood is an English actor, theatre artist, writer, and producer who is known for playing Luke and Mark Gray in the crime thriller series The Following, Jake Otto in the post-apocalyptic horror drama series Fear the Walking Dead, Zach Hamilton in the crime drama series Dexter, Adam Carrington in the drama series Dynasty, Oliver Sands in the fantasy film The Last Keepers, Martin Krupp in the conspiracy series Zero Hour, Leocadia in the musical film Hello Again, and Leo Carras in the espionage thriller series Homeland.
Sam Lewis Underwood
Woking, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Sam Underwood studied at Winston Churchill School located in Woking, England.
Afterward, he trained at the Karen Clarke Theatre Group (later known as Summerscales Performing Arts) as well as attended Songtime Theatre Arts.
He also attended the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York, United States.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Mother – Angela Underwood
Sam Underwood has been signed with Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Underwood has dated –
- Valorie Curry (2015-2022) – In the year 2015, he started going out with actor Valorie Curry and they got married in July 2016. The couple separated in 2022 and got divorced in April 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam Underwood Facts
- In October 2006, he shifted to the United States.
- Sam Underwood co-founded the Fundamental Theater Project in New York along with Nicola Murphy in April 2010.
- Co-starring alongside Aidan Quinn, Virginia Madsen, Zosia Mamet, Nat Wolff, Joshua Bowman, and Olympia Dukakis, he appeared as Oliver Sands in the 2013 American fantasy film The Last Keepers.
- In 2013, Sam Underwood played the recurring role of Leo Carras in the espionage thriller television series Homeland.
- He was cast as Luke and Mark Gray, Lily’s psychopathic twin sons, in the psychological crime thriller television series The Following from 2014 to 2015.
- Sam Underwood appeared as Leocadia in the 2017 musical film Hello Again, based on the Off-Broadway Musical of the same name by Michael John LaChiusa.
- He brought to life the character of Jeremiah “Jake” Otto Jr., Jeremiah’s moralistic and wiser son, in the post-apocalyptic horror drama television series Fear the Walking Dead in 2017.
- In 2019, he started appearing as Adam Carrington/Dr. Mike Harrison, Blake and Alexis’s oldest son who was kidnapped as an infant, in the television soap opera Dynasty.
- Sam Underwood’s theatre credits include playing Alan Strang in Equus at John Drew Theater in 2010, Marchbanks in Candida at Irish Repertory Theatre in 2010, Lumbard in Veritas at HERE Arts Center in 2010, Hamlet in Hamlet at the Edinburgh Festival in 2011, and Dorian Gray in The Picture of Dorian Gray at The Pershing Square Signature Center in 2012.
- In October 2023, Sam was arrested for felony domestic battery after he allegedly got into an argument with a woman, which later got physical. He was released after being in custody for 10 hours. Later that month, it was revealed that he would not face charges after the case had been rejected by the city attorney.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0