|Shinzo Abe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1954|
|Date of Death||July 8, 2022|
Shinzo Abe was a Japanese politician who served as the Prime Minister of Japan and became the longest-serving prime minister in Japanese history. Also, he was the first Japanese prime minister to have been born after World War II as well as Japan’s youngest post-war prime minister. From 2005 to 2006, Shinzo Abe served as Chief Cabinet Secretary under Junichiro Koizumi and was briefly the leader of the opposition in 2012. He was assassinated by a former Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force sailor in 2022.
He was born on September 21, 1954.
On July 8, 2022, Shinzo Abe died at the age of 67 in Kashihara, Nara, Japan. He was shot while delivering a campaign speech in Nara and was pronounced dead at 17:03 JST.
Shinzo Abe studied at Seikei Elementary School and Seikei Junior and Senior High School. Then, he enrolled at Seikei University and studied Public Administration. In 1977, he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science.
Afterward, Shinzo Abe shifted to the United States and studied Public Policy at the University of Southern California‘s School of Policy, Planning, and Development (later known as the USC Price School of Public Policy) for 3 semesters, before dropping out.
- Father – Shintaro Abe (Politician, Served as the Minister for Foreign Affairs from 1982 to 1986)
- Mother – Yoko Kishi
- Siblings – Hironobu Abe (Older Brother) (President and CEO of Mitsubishi Shōji Packaging Corporation), Nobuo Kishi (Younger Brother) (Politician, Served as the Minister of Defense)
- Others – Kan Abe (Paternal Grandfather) (Politician, Served in the House of Representatives from 1937 to 1946), Shizuko Abe (Paternal Grandmother), Nobusuke Kishi (Maternal Grandfather) (Politician, Bureaucrat, Prime Minister of Japan from 1957 to 1960), Yoshiko Kishi (Maternal Grandmother), Nobukazu (Maternal Uncle), Nobuyoshi Kishi (Nephew) (Former Fuji TV Reporter)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $10 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shinzo Abe had dated –
- Akie Matsuzaki (1987-2022) – He got married to socialite and former radio disc jockey Akie Matsuzaki in 1987. The couple had undergone unsuccessful fertility treatments early in their marriage and had no children. They remained together until his death in 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Shinzo Abe was of Japanese descent.
Salt and Pepper
Strong political and economic background
He belonged to Buddhism and Shintoism.
Shinzo Abe Facts
- He was elected to the House of Representatives in the 1993 election.
- Shinzo Abe was criticized for historical negationism, especially in regard to Japanese war crimes during World War II. Also, a Washington Post editorial in 2007, “Shinzo Abe’s Double Talk”, criticized him: “he’s passionate about Japanese victims of North Korea—and blind to Japan’s own war crimes”.
- He became the first Japanese leader to attend India’s Republic Day Parade in Delhi as chief guest in January 2014.
- In 2014, he was named one of Time Magazine‘s “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
- Many believed that Shinzo Abe was responsible for damaging relations between Japan and South Korea.
- He supported the US-led war in Iraq and held conservative views on the Japanese succession controversy.
- Several political commentators regarded him as a right-wing nationalist and Rupert Wingfield-Hayes, the Tokyo correspondent of the BBC, described Abe as “far more right-wing than most of his predecessors”.
Featured Image by Prime Minister of Japan Official / kantei.go.jp / CC BY 4.0