|Shohreh Aghdashloo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1952|
Shohreh Aghdashloo is an Iranian-American actress, author, and activist who is well-known for her appearance in the films Gozāresh (The Report) (1977), Sooteh Delan (Broken-Hearted), House of Sand and Fog (2003), and as Dina Araz in 24, Chrisjen Avasarala in The Expanse (2015–2022), and Sajida Talfah in House of Saddam (2008).
Shohreh Vaziri-Tabar (In Persian شهره وزیریتبار)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shohreh graduated with a bachelor’s degree in international relations at Brunel University in the past.
Actress, Author, Activist
- Father – Anushiravan Vaziri-Tabar
- Mother – Effie (née al-Sadat)
- Siblings – Shahram Vaziri-Tabar (Brother), Shahriar Vaziri-Tabar (Brother), Shahrokh Vaziri-Tabar (Brother)
Shohreh is represented by Creative Artists Agency and Tamara Houston at Roundtable Entertainment in the United States and by Roger Charteris at The Artists Partnership in the United Kingdom.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shohreh has dated –
- Aydin Aghdashloo (1972-1979) – Shohreh tied the knot with Iranian painter, graphist, art curator, writer, and film critic Aydin Aghdashloo in 1972. She was just 19 at the time, whereas, her husband was 31. The couple did not have children together and legally parted ways in 1979.
- Houshang Touzie (1987-Present) – Actor and playwright Houshang Touzie married one another in 1987, with whom she has a daughter named Tara Touzie (b. 1989).
Race / Ethnicity
Shohreh has Iranian ancestry.
- Wide smile
- Droopy cheekbones
- Shohreh has an attractive husky voice.
- She often portrays well-educated, sophisticated professionals.
Shohreh Aghdashloo Facts
- She had developed an interest in acting at an early age. However, her family did not want her to pursue a career in acting. Shohreh only started attending theatre workshops after her marriage to Aydin Aghdashloo.
- Shohreh relocated to England from Iran in 1979, at the start of the Iranian Revolution. She was already familiar with England as Shohreh and her parents had previously been to London as a child.
- She was only 19 years old when she made her first-ever acting appearance in the theatrical production of the novel The Narrow Road to the Deep North (1973).
- Shohreh made her debut Iranian language theatrical film appearance in The Chess Game of the Wind in 1976. Later, in 1989, she was cast in her first American theatrical film, Guests of Hotel Astoria as Pori Karemnia.
- Her passion for acting brought her to Los Angeles, California.
- After having left Iran, Shohreh started to take an interest in politics, hence, pursuing her bachelor’s degree in international relations.
- She is very fond of the taste of chocolate and Coca-Cola.
- Shohreh was brought up in a family of the Muslim religion. She has since denounced her practice of the religion.
- Her film credits include The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005), X-Men: The Last Stand, The Nativity Story (both 2006), The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2013), and Star Trek Beyond (2016).
- She has had rhinoplasty in the past.
- Shohreh is the first Iranian actress to cross into mainstream Hollywood cinema and to be nominated for an Oscar.
- She is close friends with actress Marcia Gay Harden.
- Shohreh and British-American actress Frances Fisher were born on the same date.
- She won the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie” for her work as Sajida Talfah in the HBO miniseries House of Saddam in 2008.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0