|Shubhangi Atre Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|April 11, 1981
Shubhangi Atre is an Indian actress who is known for having been cast as Kasturi Robbie Sabarwal in Kasturi and for playing the role of Angoori Manmohan Tiwari in the &TV comedy sitcom Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain!. She has also appeared in other shows in roles like Palchhin Verma in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Koyal in Chidiya Ghar, Devsena in Adhuri Kahaani Hamari, Kamala in Stories by Rabindranath Tagore, Preeti in Do Hanson Ka Jodaa, Kadambari in Gulmohar Grand, Seema in Savdhaan India, and Trushna in Havan.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shubhangi Atre has received an MBA degree.
- Father – Roopnarayan Atre
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shubhangi Atre has dated –
- Piyush Poorey – She was married to Piyush Poorey and the duo parents a daughter. In March 2023, it was revealed that they were already living apart for a year. Overall, their married life went on for 19 years.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pouty lips
- Curvy physique
Shubhangi Atre has done adverts for Rupa Thermocot, Geeta Shree Sarees, and F16- Detergent Powder.
Shubhangi Atre Facts
- She is from Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- She joined the cast of Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain! after Shilpa Shinde left the show following a dispute with the series’ producer Binaifer Kohli and former channel head Vikas Gupta. With this, Atre has replaced Shilpa Shinde for the 2nd time in her career as she had previously replaced Shinde in Chidiya Ghar.
- Shilpa Shinde has alleged that Atre was copying her style for the character of Angoori but Atre clarified by stating that she was only adopting the mannerisms of Angoori. Atre has also stated that “People tell me that when they close their eyes and picture Angoori bhabhi, they think of me and say, ‘Hum bhool gaye pehle kaun thi’ (We have forgotten about the earlier one) — and that for me is the biggest compliment.”
- Atre received mixed reviews from the audience for her portrayal of Angoori but the Times of India has praised her performance.
- On Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain!, Shubhangi Atre has worked alongside Aasif Sheikh, Neha Pendse, Rohitash Gaud, Saumya Tandon, Soma Rathod, and Anup Upadhyay.
- For her work in Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain!, she has won several accolades including ITA Award for “Best Actress (Comedy)” and Indian Telly Award for “Best Actress in a Comic Role (Jury)”.
- About her character’s catchphrase “Sahi Pakade Hain” (You Caught It Right) from the serial Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!, she has said that “Whenever someone says something correct, I automatically say this line (Sahi Pakade Hain) whether I am at home or with friends”.
- Shubhangi Atre is a huge fan of Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
- She enjoys listening to music.
- In April 2021, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Shubhangi Atre / Instagram