|Sijara Eubanks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1985|
Sijara Eubanks is considered as one of the finest MMA fighters in the flyweight division. She would have got an opportunity to make the newly created UFC Women’s Flyweight title her own in December 2017, but her kidney failure served as an unexpected obstacle. She bounced back from the disappointment by making her UFC debut in June 2018 at UFC Fight Night: Rivera vs. Moraes and overcoming her opponent Lauren Murphy via unanimous decision.
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Sijara Eubanks went to the High School of Commerce. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the Morgan State University.
Mixed Martial Artist
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sijara Eubanks has dated –
- Lilly Ruiz – Sijara Eubanks is in a relationship with Lilly Ruiz. They had met at a jiu-jitsu tournament. Soon, they started following each other on Instagram. Then, Sijara posted a picture of a strawberry and Ruiz responded to it by a picture of a wild strawberry. This marked the start of a conversation between them. Soon after, they got together. Later, they decided to start their family and opted for home intracervical insemination (ICI). In April 2017, Ruiz gave birth to their daughter, Xylan Eubanks. However, her birth proved to a slightly complicated matter as Sijara had to deliver the baby on her own.
Race / Ethnicity
Eccentric Dreadlocks Hairdo
Sijara Eubanks has used her social media activity to endorse brands like Thrive Spine & Sports Rehab.
Best Known For
Being one of the most successful professional MMA fighters competing in the women’s flyweight division of the UFC. In July 2018, she was placed in the 2nd position in the official UFC flyweight rankings.
First MMA Match
In April 2015, she made her professional MMA debut at Invicta FC 12. She managed to overcome Gina Begley via technical knockout in the first round of the match.
First TV Show
In August 2017, Sijara Eubanks made her first TV show appearance on A New World Champion episode of the sports reality TV series, The Ultimate Fighter.
After suffering from a kidney failure, caused by improper weight cutting, Sijara Eubanks decided to overhaul her training regime and diet plan. She has started focussing more on cardio. Previously, she hated going out for a run and had avoided running for her entire career. She felt that she would have to undertake a crazy running routine for proper conditioning. However, her trainers told her that all she had to do is run at a moderate pace for several times a week.
She has also made changes to her diet. She decided to drastically cut down her meat intake and started to eat more fresh veggies. In fact, she has become 90 percent vegetarian in a bid to become more fit.
Sijara Eubanks Facts
- She started her MMA career by participating in events organized by International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
- She turned pro in 2015. She hadn’t lost any match as an amateur MMA competitor.
- In August 2017, it was revealed that she would be one of the fighters to compete in The Ultimate Fighter 26. The winner of the event was to be given the inaugural UFC Women’s Flyweight title.
- In the semi-final of The Ultimate Fighter 26, she managed to defeat Roxanne Modafferi over 3 rounds via unanimous decision.
- In December 2017, she was slated to face Nicco Montano at The Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale with the winner to be crowned as UFC Women’s Flyweight champion. However, she had to pull out because of the kidney failure caused by improper weight cutting.
- She holds the distinction of being one of the few openly lesbian athletes.
- She has managed to earn a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Sijara Eubanks / Instagram