|Silambarasan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1983|
Silambarasan is popularly known as Simbu in the Tamil film industry. He has predominantly worked in the Tamil movies since his childhood. He made his debut as a child artist in his father T. Rajendar’s film Uravai Kaatha Kili (1984). His debut film in a lead role was Kadhal Azhivathillai (2002) which was directed by his father and produced by his mother.
Silambarasan Thesingu Rajendar
Little Super Star, Young Super Star, Simbu, S T R
Thogarampalli, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Simbu did his schooling at Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai, and St. John’s Indian Residential School, Ontario, Canada.
Film Actor, Film Director, Screenwriter, Playback Singer, Lyricist, Voice Actor, and Music Director.
- Father – Thesingu Rajender (Screenwriter, Songwriter, Composer, Cinematographer, Producer, Director, Actor, Playback Singer, Politician, and Film Distributor)
- Mother – Usha Rajendar (Producer, and Actress)
- Siblings – Kuralarasan (Younger Brother) (Actor and Music Composer), Ilakiya (Sister)
He is unsigned. Mostly, he has contributed to film songs. His songs are labeled by Sony Music India, Think Music, NIC Audio, and others.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Silambarasn’s name has been linked with –
- Aishwarya Dhanush – Playback singer and film director, Aishwarya Dhanush and Simbu are childhood friends. Due to the strong opposition from her mother, Aishwarya decided to break up with Simbu.
- Nayanthara (2006) – Indian actress, model, and film producer, Nayanthara was in a relationship with Simbu after they worked together in the movie Vallavan (2006). However, they broke up after a few years.
- Trisha Krishnan – Indian actress and model, Trisha Krishnan and Simbu were rumored to be dating each other in the past. However, Trisha clarified in a press meet that they both were good friends only.
- Hansika Motwani – Actress and model, Hansika Motwani’s relationship with Simbu lasted only for a very short period.
Race / Ethnicity
- Soft voice
- Outspoken nature
- Dimpled smile
He endorsed 7Up in 2010.
Silambarasan Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken biriyani
- Tamil Movie – Varusham 16
- Color – Black
- Author – William Shakespeare
- Fictional Character – Lord Krishna
- Dress – Jeans and T-shirt
- Actor – Ajith Kumar
- Inspiration – T. Rajendar (His Father)
- Hobbies – Watching movies, listening to music, etc.
- Cricket Club – Chennai Super Kings
- Football Club – Manchester United and Real Madrid
- Hangout Spot – Bessy
- He likes to help others and also feels helping as the idea of happiness.
- He always feels that women are good at multi-tasking, and they handle almost every challenge that life throws upon them very well.
- When asked about how he wishes to die, STR said that he never wants to die without his knowledge. Also, he would tell the entire world that his work is done and it’s time for him to leave.
- According to him, the names of the people ending with the letter ‘N’ are successful and popular. All the names ending with the letter ‘R’ tend to be powerful people and revolutionaries too.
- He always has a difference of opinions with his fellow actors. It is well-known that he had a long-running conflict with the actor Dhanush. Their enmity initially began following few punch dialogues from Simbu’s film Manmadhan (2004). The movie included certain references to the sudden rise of actor Dhanush with his movie Kadhal Kondein (2003) and also his marriage with Aishwarya Dhanush who is the daughter of the superstar actor, Rajinikanth.
- A song referred to by the media as the Beep Song was leaked online in December 2015. Initially, the song was reported to be written and sung by the actor and music was composed by Anirudh Ravichander. The song featured expletive degrading women and most of the lyrics had been beeped out. Later, the music composer denied the involvement in the song and the same was also clarified by the actor.
Featured Image by Silambarasan / Instagram