|Morgane Polanski Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1993|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Morgane Polanski is a French actor, model, writer, and director who is best known for playing Princess Gisla in the historical drama television series Vikings. She has also appeared in several movies such as The French Dispatch, The Pianist, The Aspern Papers, In Darkness, Oliver Twist, Unhallowed Ground, Looted, The Ghost Writer, The Wife, False Indigo, and Nan Yar. Morgane is the daughter of filmmaker Roman Polanski and actor Emmanuelle Seigner.
Morgane Polanski studied at the International School of Paris (ISP), a private international school based in Paris, France. Then, she got enrolled at the Drama Centre London.
She also attended the Central School of Speech and Drama from where she graduated in 2014.
Actor, Model, Writer, Director
- Father – Roman Polanski (Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Actor)
- Mother – Emmanuelle Seigner (Actor, Former Fashion Model, Singer)
- Siblings – Elvis (Younger Brother)
- Others – Mojżesz Liebling (Paternal Grandfather) (Painter and manufacturer of sculptures who after World War II was known as Ryszard Polański), Bula “Bella” (née Katz-Przedborska) (Paternal Grandmother), Mathilde Seigner (Maternal Aunt) (Actor)
Morgane Polanski has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- UBBA, Talent Agency, Paris, France
- Next Model Management – London
- Storm Management
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Morgane Polanski is of Ashkenazi Jewish and Russian or Polish descent on her father’s side and has French roots on her mother’s side.
She has often dyed her hair.
- Pointed chin
- High cheekbones
Morgane Polanski appeared in print adverts for Fay in 2016.
She had also done endorsement work for Marc Jacobs.
Morgane Polanski Facts
- She started acting at a young age.
- Morgane Polanski made her first theatrical film appearance as Girl in the critically-acclaimed 2002 biographical war drama film The Pianist, starring Adrien Brody. Directed by Morgane’s father, the film is based on the autobiographical book The Pianist (1946) which is a Holocaust memoir by the Polish-Jewish pianist and composer Władysław Szpilman (a Holocaust survivor).
- She was seen as a hotel receptionist in the 2010 neo-noir political thriller film The Ghost Writer, starring Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Kim Cattrall, and others.
- Morgane Polanski has graced the covers of magazines like Harper’s Bazaar Poland.
- In 2015, she started playing the recurring role of Princess Gisla (based on the historical or legendary Gisela of France), the daughter of Emperor Charles who is later married to Duke Rollo, in the History Channel action-adventure series Vikings.
- She was cast as Sophie Dunant in the 2015 British independent horror film Unhallowed Ground.
- In 2018, Morgane Polanski brought to life the character of Valentina Prest in the period drama film The Aspern Papers. It stars Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Joely Richardson, and Vanessa Redgrave.
- As a director, she has worked on projects such as Through the Looking Glass, The Stroke, The Understudy, and L’Habit ne Fait pas le Moine.
- Morgane played Girlfriend in the 2021 American anthology comedy-drama film The French Dispatch (also known as The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun).
Featured Image by Morgane Polanski / Instagram