Siva Michael Kaneswaran
Corduff Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland
Siva’s formal education information isn’t available.
Singer, model, and actor
- Father – His father was a local window cleaner. He passed away at the age of 44.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Hazel Kaneswaran (Older Sister) (Recording artist, singer-songwriter, and television personality), Gail Kaneswaran (Sister) (Blogger and Model), Kumar Kaneswaran (Twin Brother) (Model and Actor), David Kaneswaran (Brother). He has three more siblings.
Siva Kaneswaran is represented by
- Creative Artists Agency
- Scooter Braun
Dance-pop, Eurodance, Pop
Geffen, Island, Mercury Records
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Siva Kaneswaran has dated –
- Nareesha McCafferey (2007-Present) – Siva started dating shoe designer Nareesha McCafferey in 2007. Their relationship occupied plenty of tabloid space when they were starring in the reality show, The Wanted Life. They got engaged in December 2013 after he flipped the surprise on her. He found out that she was planning a surprise birthday party for him and he pulled the surprise proposal at the party with a custom made ring. However, due to shock, she turned him down only to say yes later.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Sri Lankan Tamil heritage, whereas, on his mother’s side, he has Irish ancestry.
- Strong jawline
- Tall and athletic body
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
In his early modeling days, Siva appeared in a number of print adverts for the local brands. He also starred in a bunch of local TV commercials as well.
Best Known For
Being a member of the Irish pop band, The Wanted, which decided to take a hiatus in 2014.
In October 2010, his band released their debut studio album, The Wanted, which managed to peak at #4 in UK Music charts.
First TV Show
In 2008, Siva first acted in the British drama series, Rock Rivals as Carson Coombs.
Siva hired personal trainer Christian Casillas to help him get a buff physique. He regularly worked with Casillas at the Firm Body Evolution gym in Hollywood twice a week. Casillas laid special emphasis on lifting heavy and keeping the intensity high to ensure that Siva gains right amount of muscle mass.
He also did boxing 2 times a week, which included sparring sessions as well as workouts. Siva also makes sure that he remains physically active every day.
He has also made changes to his diet plan and has completely given up white rice, pasta, and sweets. He also doesn’t drink or smoke and refrains from eating chocolate too. He eats several small meals and relies on healthy snacks to curb his hunger in between meals. For protein, he eats salmon every other day.
Siva Kaneswaran Favorite Things
- Band – Switchfoot
- TV Show – Modern Family
Source – TheFactSite.com
Siva Kaneswaran Facts
- Siva holds the reality show, The Wanted Life responsible for the breakup of his former band The Wanted. The gimmick to use cracks in their team as storyline ultimately damaged team spirit.
- Siva started his modeling career at the age of 16 by signing up with Storm Model Management.
- Jayne Collins, who had created bands like The Saturdays and The Parade, spotted Kaneswaran after seeing him in an advertisement and invited him for an audition for the new band.
- Siva had to go through a nine-month-long audition and competed with more than 1000 applicants to become a part of the five-member band, The Wanted.
- He lost his father when he was merely 5 years old.
- In 2014, he was nearly mugged along with Jay McGuiness in Denver. They were leaving the cinema after watching Transcendence (2014) when a homeless guy asked for change and soon after pulled out a knife.
- His band, The Wanted has feuded with another British band, One Direction, on a number of occasions, including a messy Twitter fight in April 2013.
- Follow Siva on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.