|Sophie Grégoire Trudeau Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1975|
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau is a Canadian philanthropist known for being the wife of Justin Trudeau, the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada. She is popular among Canadians for her extensive philanthropic work which focuses mainly on women and children’s issues. She has more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 320k followers on Facebook.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Rideau Cottage, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sophie completed her high school education at the Pensionnat du Saint-Nom-de-Marie in Montreal.
She attended the Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf and later, got enrolled at McGill University to study commerce. However, she transferred to the University of Montreal and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Communications.
- Father – Jean Grégoire (Stockbroker)
- Mother – Estelle Blais (Nurse)
- Others – Jacques Gregoire (Paternal Grandfather), Madeleine Lampron (Paternal Grandmother), Gerard Blais (Maternal Grandfather), Aline Lafleur (Maternal Grandmother), Pierre Trudeau (Father-in-law) (Former Prime Minister of Canada), Margaret Trudeau (Mother-in-law), Alexandre Trudeau (Brother-in-law) (Filmmaker, Journalist, Author)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie has dated –
- Patrick Huard
- Justin Trudeau (2003-Present) – Sophie got married to Justin Trudeau at the Sainte-Madeleine d’Outremont Church on May 28, 2005. The couple became parents to son Xavier James Trudeau on October 18, 2007, daughter Ella-Grace Margaret Trudeau on February 5, 2009, and son Hadrien Grégoire Trudeau on February 28, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Canadian ancestry.
Sophie has endorsed the following brands –
- WE Well-Being
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Sheena’s Place (Eating Disorder Clinic)
- The Blue House
- Women’s Heart and Stroke Association
- BACA Foundation
- Shield of Athena
- Canadian Cancer Society
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau Facts
- She went to school with Michel Trudeau, her husband Justin’s youngest brother. Sadly, Michel died in an avalanche in 1998 at the age of 23.
- Sophie struggled with the eating disorder bulimia nervosa from the age of 17 till her early 20s. She was able to recover with the help of therapy, yoga, and the support of her family.
- Sophie is multi-lingual and can speak French, English, and Spanish fluently.
- While speaking on the occasion of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on January 18, 2016, Sophie ended her speech with an impromptu song. She received a standing ovation for belting out Smile Back At Me, which she had written for her daughter, but some considered her to be out of pitch.
- She is a certified yoga instructor.
- Sophie plays the guitar and flute. Additionally, she is also trained in jazz, ballet, and African dance.
- In October 2006, she traveled to Ethiopia with her mother-in-law Margaret Trudeau in support of the charity WaterCan which provides clean water and basic hygiene to underdeveloped countries. Their trip was featured in the 2007 documentary A Window Opens: Margaret and Sophie in Ethiopia.
Featured Image by Presidencia de la República Mexicana / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0