|Stephan El Shaarawy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1992|
When he started his soccer career at the age of 16, Stephan El Shaarawy was already marked as an exciting talent in the Italian soccer circuit. He ignited his career with a loan deal with Padova. He was even crowned Serie B Player of the Year for his great performances for Venetian club. He soon secured a transfer to AC Milan and made a strong start to his career with the prestigious club. However, his progress and rise were derailed by the spate of his injuries. Milan decided to first loan him to AS Monaco and then to AS Roma. The stint with former didn’t work out well but he got back in form with the latter. His performances were so impressive that Roma decided to sign him on a permanent deal.
Stephan Kareem El Shaarawy
Il Faraone, The Pharaoh
Stephan El Shaarawy started his soccer journey with the youth setup of Legino. He later joined the youth academy of Genoa.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Sabri El Shaarawy
- Mother – Lucy El Shaarawy
- Siblings – Manuel El Shaarawy (Brother)
Stephan El Shaarawy is represented by his brother Manuel El Shaarawy.
31, 11 – Genoa CFC
92 – AC Milan, AS Roma
22 – AS Monaco, AS Roma, Italy National Team
11, 14 – Italy National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephan El Shaarawy has dated –
- Ester Giordano (2013-Present) – El Shaarawy has been in a relationship with Italian model Ester Giordano since the start of 2013. He made their relationship public by taking her along as his date to his AC Milan teammate Kevin-Prince Boateng‘s birthday party at Finger’s Club in Milan in March 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Egyptian descent on his father’s side and of Swiss-Italian descent on his mother’s side.
Unique and eye-catching hairstyles
In 2012, Stephan El Shaarawy signed an endorsement deal with the sportswear brand, Nike. Apart from wearing Nike footwear for his matches, he has also appeared in a series of TV commercials for the company.
He has also appeared in the TV commercials for Samsung Galaxy and FIFA 14.
Best Known For
- His solid attacking performances in the Italian Top Flight for nearly a decade. He has long been considered as one of the most exciting players in the league.
- Having played for some of the established European clubs including AC Milan, AS Roma, and AS Monaco
First Soccer Match
In December 2008, he made his professional debut with Genoa in a Serie A match against Chievo. He was sent in as a substitute for the last 10 minutes and was just 16 years old at the time of his debut.
In September 2011, El Shaarawy made his first appearance for AC Milan in a Serie A match against SSC Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo. The match ended in 3-1 defeat for his side.
In January 2016, he made his debut for AS Roma in a home match against Frosinone. He scored a stunning goal by executing a half scorpion flicked backheel in the 48th minute of the 3-1 win.
He made his first international start for Italy in a friendly match against England in August 2012. The match ended in 2-1 defeat for Italy.
- Technical Ability
- Ability to cut in from the left wing
- Long Shots
First TV Show
In 2014, Stephan El Shaarawy made his first TV show appearance in Taman Safari episode of the comedy game-show, Running Man.
Stephan El Shaarawy Favorite Things
- Role Model – Kaka
Source – Wikipedia
Stephan El Shaarawy Facts
- In his debut season at Genoa, he only made a single appearance which also came from the bench. However, he was selected in the matchday squad on numerous occasions.
- To push his development, Genoa decided to loan him to Padova at the start of 2010-11 season. He became a key component of the team and managed to score 9 goals in 29 matches.
- In his only season with Padova, the team managed to reach the promotion playoff finals but was defeated by Novara. For his great performances throughout the season, he was declared Serie B Player of the Year.
- The scouts and club management of AC Milan took note of his precocious talent and decided to pay €20 million transfer fee (€10M plus Alexander Merkel) to Genoa in June 2011 to buy El Shaarawy.
- In September 2011, he scored his first goal for AC Milan in a Serie A match against Udinese which ended in a 1-1 draw. He was sent in for injured Alexander Pato in the match.
- In his debut season at AC Milan, it was widely speculated that he would be sent out on a loan to continue his development. However, coach Massimiliano Allegri, Stephan El Shaarawy, and vice-president Adriano Galliani decided that keeping him with senior squad was a better option.
- In July 2012, the club management secured his long-term commitment to the club by signing a new 5-year contract with him. Because of his impressive performances, he was offered another contract in February 2013.
- In October 2012, he scored his first UEFA Champions League goal in AC Milan‘s match against Zenit. He also became the youngest AC Milan player to score in the prestigious European competition.
- The 2012-13 season proved to be his breakthrough season as he managed to score 16 goals in 37 matches and played a key role in his side finishing at the 3rd spot in the league. He was his side’s top goalscorer.
- In AC Milan‘s away match against Sampdoria in November 2014, he scored his side’s opening goal. It was his 1st goal in 622 days and while celebrating his goal, he fell to the ground in tears.
- In July 2015, he joined AS Monaco on a season-long loan deal with an option to buy. The club stopped playing him just before the winter transfer window as he had already made 24 appearances and if he had made one more performance, the obligation to buy him outright would have been triggered.
- AS Roma paid a loan fee of €1.4 million to secure Stephan for a 6-month period in January 2016. During that period, he made 16 league appearances for the club and scored 8 goals in those appearances.
- The Italian capital club was so impressed with his performances that they agreed to a permanent deal worth €13 million in June 2016.
- In November 2012, he scored his first international goal as he helped Italian side defeat France in a friendly match by 2-1.
- El Shaarawy was also eligible to represent Egypt national team because of his father’s ancestry. However, the Egyptian FA didn’t show much interest in courting him.
- Follow Stephan El Shaarawy on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Stephan El Shaarawy / Instagram