|Stromae Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1985|
Stromae is a Belgian singer, songwriter, rapper, and musician known for contributing to the genre of hip hop and electronic music. The musician has released many albums, extended plays, mixtapes, and tracks such as Racine carrée, Cheese, Multitude, Alors on danse, Peace or Violence, Enfants de l’an 2000 (ft. Shadow Loowee and Ekila), Faut qu’t’arrêtes le rap… (ft. J.E.D.I.), Up Saw Liz, Papaoutai, Te Quiero, Bienvenue chez moi, House’llelujah, Formidable, Meltdown (ft. Lorde, Pusha T, Q-Tip, and HAIM), Ave Cesaria, Repetto X Mosaert, Quand c’est?, L’enfer, Santé, Défiler, and Juste un cerveau, un flow, un fond et un mic…
Paul Van Haver
Stromae, Opmaestro (Previous stage name)
Etterbeek, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
He attended a Catholic school but failed at 16. Academically, he struggled to score well.
At 11, he started studying music.
Stromae went to the Institut national de radioélectricité et cinématographie.
Singer, songwriter, rapper, musician
- Father – Pierre Rutare (Architect) (Died in 1994 Rwandan Genocide)
- Mother – Miranda Marie Van Haver
- Siblings – He has 4 siblings – 3 brothers and 1 sister.
- Others – Gabriel Gasamagera (Paternal Grandfather)
Hip hop, house, electronic, electropop, new beat, eurodance
Musical keyboard, synthesizer, drums, vocals
Vertigo Records, Mercury Records, Universal Music Group, Republic Records, Mosaert, B1, Casablanca Records, Island France, Columbia Records
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stromae has dated –
- Tatiana Silva (2011-2012) – In 2011, Stromae commenced dating former Miss Belgium Tatiana Silva. They were an item until September 2012.
- Coralie Barbier (2015-Present) – Stromae started dating his stylist Coralie Barbier in April 2015. They took their romance to a next level by getting married on December 12, 2015. The rituals were carried out by Catholic Priest Guy Gilbert in a private ceremony held in Mechelen. On September 23, 2018, they were blessed with their first child, a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He has Rwandan (Tutsi people) ancestry on his dad’s side and Belgian (Flemish people) roots on his mom’s side.
- Towering height
- Looks due to mixed ethnicity
- Unique Fashion Style
- Lean physique
Best Known For
His debut and the hit single “Alors on danse” released in 2009
Stromae released his debut album Cheese in June 2010. It charted at #1 in Belgium and was certified as 3× Platinum.
First TV Show
In 2010, he performed on the music TV show The Dome in 2 episodes.
Stromae Favorite Things
- Music Artist – Cesaria Evora, Notorious BIG
Source – Elle
- Stromae is the founder of the fashion label “Mosaert”.
- While young, he was encouraged by his mom to play an instrument and a sport.
- Stromae’s music influences include Cuban son, Congolese rumba, and Jacques Brel.
- He has been fully raised in Belgium but considers himself more as a Rwandan person.
- While growing up, he studied percussion.
- His stage name “Stromae” is an anagram of “Maestro”.
- He co-founded the rap group Suspicion with rapper J.E.D.I. at 18.
- To support himself financially, he has worked in the hospitality industry before becoming famous.
- He checks his emails the first thing in the morning and the last thing before sleeping.
- In 2008, he worked as a trainee at music radio station NRJ in Brussels.
- On August 16, 2013, his 2nd studio album titled Racine carrée and it included songs such as Papaoutai, Tous les mêmes, Ta fête, Bâtard, Ave Cesaria, Moules frites, Carmen, Humain à l’eau, Merci, AVF (ft. Maître Gims and Orelsan), and Sommeil. The album topped the charts in France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Italy as well as reached the top 10 in Canada and the top 40 in Germany.
- In July 2022, Stromae and Camila Cabello teamed up for a new song titled Mon Amour.
- Visit his official website @ www.mosaert.com. Mosaert (an anagram of his own stage name) works in the clothing, music, and audio-visual sector.