|Sudipto Sen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sudipto Sen is an Indian film director, writer, and producer who rose to fame in 2023 after being struck by controversy and death threats for the release of his hour-long film The Kerala Story. On the other hand, some of his somewhat controversial works also include In The Name of Love!, The Last Monk, Aasma, and Lucknow Times.
Sudipto Sen was born on c. January 16.
Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He attended middle school at Jalpaiguri Zilla School before going on to complete his schooling at B.T Road Government Sponsored H.S School, Kolkata. Further, Sudipto went on to attain a Bachelor’s degree in physics and a Master’s degree in psychology.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Bengali descent.
Salt & Pepper
Has a scruffy look
Sudipto Sen Facts
- As a director, Sudipto made his debut with the television film Swajaldhara in 2002.
- He began to garner the attention of the entertainment industry and the public in 2006, with the release of his film The Last Monk.
- Sudipto considers himself to be a passionate foodie and often shares his experiences on his Instagram.
- He does consume alcohol moderately and does not shy away from posting about it on his social media.
- Sudipto is a non-vegetarian.
- On April 28, 2018, Sudipto had been physically assaulted during the screening of his film In The Name of Love! at the Sabarmati Dhaba, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Amidst the screening of the film, members of the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union and the Gender Sensitization Committee Against Sexual Harassment stopped the film, citing that it encouraged differences in the community as it was based upon the concept of “Love Jihad” according to them. The protest led to a violent outburst injuring several students amongst which female students were mistreated and a guard left severely injured after being run over by a car. The protestors also tried to break Sudipto’s laptop and hard disk.
- In November 2022, Sudipto’s teaser for The Kerala Story sparked immense controversy after the film which is based on the forceful conversion of 32,000 Kerala women to Islam and recruited by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). A case was filed against him under IPC section 153 A&B for promoting a disturbance in community peace and causing enmity on the grounds of faith. Since then, has also received numerous death threats and as of June 2023, had still not been able to find an OTT platform for the release of the film.
Featured Image By Sudipto Sen / Instagram