|Suma Kanakala Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1975|
Suma Kanakala is an Indian TV host, anchor, singer, producer, and actress, best known for hosting the game show Star Mahila on ETV which ran between August 2008 and January 2019. The show itself was the 2nd longest-running women game show in India. In 2019, she was announced as a new host of a TV show that had already amassed a large fanbase titled Bhale Chancele which was previously hosted by Sreemukhi.
Palakkad, Kerala, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
TV Host, Anchor, Singer, Actress, Producer
- Father – Sri. P.N.L Pranavi
- Mother – Smt. P. Vimala
- Siblings – She has sisters.
- Others – Devadas Kanakala (Father-in-Law) (Telugu Actor, Acting Insitute Founder), Lakshmidevi Kanakala (Mother-in-Law) (Deceased February 3, 2018) (Acting Instructor, Acting Insitute Co-Founder), Vinayaka Chaturthi (Grandmother)
Suma Kanakala is represented by –
- K. Suma Rajeev Creations (Company) in India
- Jujube TV (Company) in India
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Suma Kanakala has dated –
- Rajeev Kanakala – She is married to an actor and producer, Rajeev Kanakala. The couple has 2 kids, a son named Roshan and a daughter named Manaswini. She and her husband founded their own production company, K. Suma Rajeev Creations on December 26, 2012. In 2017, they founded a 2nd production company, Jujube TV.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Malayali descent.
Suma Kanakala has endorsed brands such as –
- Pattu Saree Wholesale
- Neeru’s India
- Petals by Swathi
- Bavza Garepalli Fashion
- Etniko Designer Studio
- Signature Collections USA
- Arna Jewelry
- Draad Clothing
She has also shown support for the organization Robin Hood Army India and pledged “war against hunger.”
Suma Kanakala Favorite Things
- Food – Avakai (Mango Pickle), Dal, Kerala Sambar, Aviyal
- Actor / Producer – ANR Garu
- Motto – “Life is a subjective experience. No two point-of-views can be the same. Live life to the fullest.”
Suma Kanakala Facts
- She is fluent in English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayali, and Telugu.
- She became a TV presenter at the age of 21.
- Despite having Malayali roots, Suma proclaims she is Telugite due to her long career doing projects in the Telugu language.
- Suma had no interest in becoming a big Indian filmstar.
- She was credited as a playback singer for a song named Suya Suya for the movie Winner (2017).
- She is widely recognized as one of the most influential TV anchors in the Telugu media industry alongside Udaya Bhanu and Jhansi.
- Suma enjoys the festivities around Vishu and Ugadi holidays. For the 1st, she loves typing up the mango leaves and making flower decorations. Arranging Konnapoo flowers, betel leaves, fruits, and raw rice before the mirror is her most enjoyable activity for the latter.
- The happiest moment of her life is the birth of her kids.
- The sourest moments in her life are shoots that don’t start or end at a scheduled time.
- Suma was widely recognized for her sarcastic sense of humor and is very witty and spontaneous on-air.
- She has a dog named Zorro.
- Suma heard that the home of her driver in a village named Kaligam got destroyed in a flood following the Titli cyclone in November 2018. She sponsored the whole rebuilding process.
- Suma enjoys wearing Kalamkari, a type of hand-printed clothing typical for Southern India.
- She was starstruck meeting the actor Boman Irani.
- After taping of the TV show she hosted for around 12 years, Star Mahila, ended in 2019, her team surprised her by flying her sisters and childhood friends to celebrate that milestone in her career with her.
- In October 2019, after previously making an appearance in September 2017, Suma made a guest appearance on the 3rd season of Bigg Boss Telugu and joined its 5 finalists inside the house.
Featured Image by Suma Kanakala / Instagram