|Surbhi Chandna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Surbhi Chandna is an Indian actress who came to prominence with her important portrayal of Annika Trivedi in Ishqbaaaz (2016-2018). Besides being one of Indian television’s most beautiful women, she is a self-driven and passionate actress who started off with part-time modeling and ad-shoots until she finally landed herself the role of sweety in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in 2009. Thereafter, Surbhi was cast in various popular TV shows such as Qubool Hai (2014-2015), Dil Boley Oberoi (2017), and Sanjivani. In 2014, she was cast as Aamna Khan/Aditi alongside some of the best actors like Vidya Balan and Ali Fazal in the film Bobby Jasoos (2014). Nevertheless, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Surbhi graduated with a Masters in Business Administration in Marketing from Atharva Institute of Management Studies.
- Father – Shashi Chandna
- Mother – CP Chandna
- Siblings – Pranavi Chandna (Older Sister)
Surbhi is represented by Pranavi Chandna.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Surbhi has dated –
- Karan Sharma – Surbhi is said to have been in a relationship with actor Karan Sharma. She and Karan were seen together in more than one pictures on Surbhi’s Instagram. However, Surbhi has not spoken about the kind of relationship she shares with him publicly. Nevertheless, she is very happy to have him around her and enjoys spending time with him.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi heritage.
- Her cuspid teeth stick out
- Plush lips
- Almond-shaped eyes
She has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Meena Bazar
Through her social media, Surbhi has either promoted or endorsed various brands like –
- Steve Madden
- SR Store
Best Known For
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines including FHM, CelebBuzzIndia, and the Asian Wedding Magazine
- Her important portrayal of Annika Trivedi in Ishqbaaaz (2016-2018)
- Being cast in several other shows such as Qubool Hai (2014-2015), Dil Boley Oberoi (2017), and Sanjivani
- Starring alongside Vidya Balan and Ali Fazal in the film Bobby Jasoos (2014)
- Winning numerous Star Parivaar Awards
- Being featured on the cover of FHM India’s “Girlfriend of the Month” March 2019 edition and placed at 16th place on Eastern Eye’s “Sexiest Asian Women List” in 2018
Surbhi made her debut theatrical film appearance as Aamna Khan / Aditi in Bobby Jasoos in 2014. Also, starring in the film was actress Vidya Balan and actor Ali Fazal.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Sweety in SAB TV’s Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in 2009.
She attends Zumba classes with celebrity trainer Wilson Ward. Surbhi believes that Zumba is the best form of exercise and swears by it. She also focuses on her pilates and the core area of her body.
Besides that, Surbhi also prefers to follow a healthy diet even though she is a lover of food especially Asian non-vegetarian dishes.
Surbhi Chandna Favorite Things
- TV Shows As Of March 2019 – Ishqbaaaz (2016-2018), The Royals (2015-2018), Desperate Housewives (2004-2012)
- Color – Brown
- Places To Have A Romantic Dinner At – By The Mekong which is in The St. Regis Mumbai, Park Chinois which is situated in Mayfair, London
- Sport – Basketball
- Car Brand – Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Jaguar, Land Rover
- Accessory As Of 2019 – Hoop Earrings, Diamond Rings
- Holiday Destination – Maldives
- Cuisine – Asian
- Application – Twitter
- Festival – Christmas
- Cartoon – Courage The Cowardly Dog (1996-2002)
- Dance – Zumba
Source – FHMIndia.com, YouTube, YouTube, Instagram
Surbhi Chandna Facts
- She was raised in Mumbai in a well-to-do Punjabi family.
- She was featured on the cover of FHM India’s “Girlfriend of the Month” 2019 March edition.
- An ideal date for Surbhi for would be with either by the beach with good food and company or in front of a fireplace in a cozy cottage with food again and great jazz music.
- Surbhi’s ideal man depends on “the way he speaks, the way he presents himself, his personality, the perfume he wears, and his choice of shoes.”
- A romantic getaway for Surbhi is the Maldives. She even cried when she had to leave.
- Besides making Rotis, she is a great cook. On the bright chance that Surbhi had to cook for her man, she would cook up some brown curry with rice if he were to be non-vegetarian. If he were a vegetarian, she would make some rajma and rice.
- During an interview, Surbhi stated that she once encountered a fan who had gotten a tattoo of Surbhi on her back.
- A secret to getting to Surbhi’s heart would be ordering for something to go with her wine.
- Surbhi is sure to be turned on by a man who can cook a great dish for her. The food that she enjoys eating the most is seafood especially prawn curry and rice or chicken breast in mushroom sauce.
- Her first celebrity girl crush is actress Juhi Chawla. As of 2019, Surbhi had watched her film Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993) more than a dozen times.
- Her fans call themselves “SCNs”.
- She is afraid of heights.
- Men that smell good makes her vulnerable.
- Surbhi really likes to listen to the song Woh Bheege Pal by music artist Zubeen Garg. The song is from the 2007 film Manorama Six Feet Under.
- In 2018, a lot of fans threatened to stop watching the show Ishqbaaaz if Surbhi also known as Annika was not in it. They took to the streets in protest and stuck posters around the city of Mumbai. Following the commotion, Surbhi stated that she did not just quit the show because she did not want to play the part of being a mother. Instead, in an interview with Spotboye.com, she revealed the reason behind her ouster was a pre-planned decision by the producer who wanted to jump the show ahead. As for her, she wanted to be able to explore her talents even more rather than taking on a mother figure in the television industry.
- Surbhi is closer to her father, whereas her older sister is her mother’s best companion.
- Without fail, Surbhi begins her day with a prayer to God and then enjoys a cup of tea in her balcony.
- Surbhi’s best friends at home are her fish.
- Prior to becoming an actress, she was working as a manager of international relations for her Atharva Institute of Management Studies, where she had also completed her MBA in marketing from.
- In 2017, Surbhi was placed at 7th position in Biz Asia’s “TV Personality List.” The following year, she was ranked at 8th place.
- She had received 3 Star Parivaar Awards in 2017.
- Surbhi was featured at 16th place on the “Sexiest Asian Women List” by Eastern Eye in 2018.
- The idea of becoming an actress came to her suddenly while she worked for the very institute that she studied at. Nevertheless, her big moment came through after she had competed at the Indian Princess Fashion beauty pageant which was organized by her institute itself. Thereafter, she was offered several ads and gradually got into the Indian television industry. She had previously worked part-time in ad-campaigns while she was in college upon her mother’s suggestion.
- She is very conscious of her cuspid teeth that are not aligned well.
- Surbhi had to put on weight to fit into the role of Annika. At first, she was criticized for it but as the show went on, she was highly praised for her appearance in it.
- She does not quite have a sweet tooth and rather prefers chili.
- Surbhi is not very fond of celebrating Holi and Diwali.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Surbhi Chandna / Instagram