Virginie did her schooling and acquired the Certificate in Higher Secondary Studies in 1995.
She also attended the Higher National Institute for the Performing Arts (INSAS) in Brussels. Unfortunately, she did not complete the course.
She tried again and joined the Belgian Royal Conservatoire in Brussels. She managed to complete 2 years of the course before leaving it in 1998 to work as a host for a TV show.
Actress, TV Presenter, Writer
- Father – Andre Efira (Professor, Hematologist-oncologist)
- Mother – Carine Verelst (Beautician, Restorer)
- Siblings – Yorick Efrina (Younger Brother) (Professional Painter-sculptor), Eloise (Younger Sister) (Professional Rugby Player), Edward (Younger Brother) (Builder)
Virginie Efira is managed by Adéquat, Paris, France.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Virginie Efira has dated –
- Patrick Ridremont (2002-2009) – Virginie married Belgian actor and director Patrick in 2002. They separated in 2005 but the proceedings for divorce began only in 2009 when the actor offered her the divorce papers on the set of Panic In The Headset.
- Mabrouk El Mechri (2012-2014) – Virginie and French director Mabrouk El Mechri met when he offered her the film Sage Femme in 2008. In 2012, they met again and fell in love. They were engaged for a while and have a daughter together named Ali (b. May 24, 2013). They separated in 2014 and share alternate and joint custody of their daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Belgian and Greek Jewish ancestry.
- Wavy hair
- Beautiful straight nose
Best Known For
- Hosting several TV shows in Belgian and French.
- Her participation in the show Frédéric Lopez’s Rendez-vous in an Unknown Land, where she meets a Mongolian minority, the Tsaatan. The show made a record audience of 8.1 million viewers.
- Her versatile role in It Boy (2013), Elle (2016), and In Bed with Victoria (2016).
In 2009, Virginie made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, The Barons.
First TV Show
In 2002, she made her television show debut as a host on Star Academy.
Virginie Efira Favorite Things
- Movie – Mauvais Sang (1986), Vertigo (1958)
- Toy – A soft toy dog named Vevette
- Dessert – Chestnut cream
Source – Vimeo, Femina
Virginie Efira Facts
- She was inspired to become an actress after watching the musical Mary Poppins (1964).
- She hates pepper in her food.
- Virginie first fell in love at age 10 to a boy named Serge.
- Her first holiday was in Le Coq, which lies on the edge of the North Sea.
- She is an avid boxer.
- Virginie is also a poker player and has participated in many challenges including European Poker Tour. She was also confirmed as the ambassador of the site Poker 770.
- Her daughter Ali is named after Ali MacGraw (heroine of Love Story) and Muhammad Ali, the boxer.
- She has also done a voice over for the character Mavis, daughter of the Dracula in the French dubbing of the hit animated film Hotel Transylvania.
- In 2013, she was voted as the ‘Woman of the Year’ by GQ magazine.
- In 2015, she was a member of the jury for the 26th British Dinard Film Festival, held in Dinard, France.
- She acquired French citizenship by naturalization in 2016.
- Virginie is not active on any social media site.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0