|Swastika Mukherjee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1980|
Swastika Mukherjee is an Indian actor and dancer who has been cast in movies like Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, Dil Bechara, Chokher Bali, Mastan, Sathihara, Kranti, Krishnakanter Will, Hello Kolkata, Partner, Byomkesh Bakshi, Bye Bye Bangkok, Abar Byomkesh, Bhooter Bhabishyat, Ami Aar Amar Girlfriends, Mishawr Rawhoshyo, Tabe Tai Hok, Maach Mishti & More, Take One, Jaatishwar, Shesher Kobita, Shah Jahan Regency, Kia and Cosmos, and Guldasta.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Swastika Mukherjee studied at Carmel School, Kolkata, St. Teresa’s Secondary School, and Gokhale Memorial School.
She also took dance lessons from veteran Tanusree Shankar after getting enrolled at the Ananda Shankar Centre for Culture in 2001.
- Father – Santu Mukhopadhyay (Actor)
- Mother – Gopa Mukherjee
- Siblings – Ajopa Mukherjee (Younger Sister)
Swastika Mukherjee has been managed by Shristi Jain.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Swastika Mukherjee has dated –
- Promit Sen – In 1998, she was 18 years old when she got married to singer Promit Sen, the son of Rabindra Sangeet singer Sagar Sen. However, their marriage wasn’t a happy one and lasted only around 2 years as she accused Promit of physically abusing her and locking her out of their home when she was pregnant. Subsequently, she filed a charge against him for cruelty and solicitation of dowry. The charges were later dismissed and Promit was acquitted.
She also filed an affidavit in court stating that her accusations were ‘unfounded, false, baseless and speculative’ and then confessed the same in a media conference. As a result, Promit’s brother sued her for damages in Calcutta High Court and she was held liable for ₹7.7 crores ($1.7 million). Swastika has stated that he filed for divorce in 2000 but then changed his mind as she established herself as an actor. They have a daughter named Anwesha (b. 2000).
- Jeet (b. Jeetendra Madnani) – While working together on the 2004 Bengali thriller film Mastan, Swastika Mukherjee and actor Jeet began going out. The duo has also worked together on many other films such as Kranti, Sathihara, Priyotoma, Krishnakanter Will, Pitribhumi, and Partner.
- Parambrata Chatterjee – She was once romantically involved with actor and director Parambrata Chatterjee whom she started dating while they were working on the 2009 Bengali film Brake Fail. However, as Mukherjee was still legally married to Promit Sen at the time, Promit filed a charge against Parambrata Chatterjee for criminal adultery and enticement of a married woman. The couple separated in the year 2010 when Chatterjee moved to Bristol.
- Sumon Mukhopadhyay – Swastika Mukherjee dated film director Sumon Mukhopadhyay in the past. After she was hospitalized following an alleged suicide attempt in May 2014, Sumon Mukhopadhyay was detained by Kolkata police as a result of a strong local protest.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointed chin
- Charming smile
Swastika Mukherjee Favorite Things
- Movies – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music
Source – Wikipedia
Swastika Mukherjee Facts
- She has described her childhood as a “simple life” with her family.
- Allegations were made on November 4, 2014, that she had shoplifted a gold earring from a jewelry store in Singapore and the shop owner filed a complaint against Mukherjee to the organizer of the film festival. She later denied the charge and instead claimed that it might have happened “accidentally.”
- In 2020, she started playing Dolly Mehra in the Hindi-language crime thriller web series Paatal Lok. She co-starred in the project alongside Jaideep Ahlawat, Gul Panag, Neeraj Kabi, Ishwak Singh, Abhishek Banerjee, and Niharika Lyra Dutt.
- In April 2023, Swastika got morphed n*de pictures of herself and accused Sandeep Sarkar, the producer of her then-upcoming film Shibpur.
Featured Image by Biswarup Ganguly / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0