|Ted Levine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1957|
Ted Levine is an American actor and voiceover artist who is best known for having been cast as Captain Leland Stottlemeyer in Monk and as Jame “Buffalo Bill” Gumb in The Silence of the Lambs. He has also played roles in several other shows and movies including The Report, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, From the Earth to the Moon, and The Alienist.
Frank Theodore Levine
Bellaire, Belmont County, Ohio, United States
Ted Levine studied at Marlboro College.
Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Milton Dmitri Levine (Doctor and member of Physicians for Social Responsibility)
- Mother – Charlotte Virginia (Clark) (Doctor and member of Physicians for Social Responsibility)
- Siblings – Michael Joshua Levine (Brother), Judith Anne Levine (Sister)
- Others – Morris Levine (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Slonim (Paternal Grandmother), Willis John Clark (Maternal Grandfather), Eliza J. Chatterton (Maternal Grandmother)
Ted Levine is represented by Kass Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ted Levine has dated –
- Kim Phillips – He is married to Kim Phillips and the duo parents 2 children – a daughter named Melissa and a son named Mac.
Race / Ethnicity
Ted Levine is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side and has Welsh and Native American roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Expressive facial features
- Deep bass voice
Ted Levine Facts
- He was raised in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Ted Levine brought to life the character of Jame “Buffalo Bill” Gumb in the critically acclaimed 1991 psychological horror film, The Silence of the Lambs, in which he co-starred alongside Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, and Scott Glenn. For this role, he was nominated for the 1991 Awards Circuit Community Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role” as well as the 2012 20/20 Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- As a voiceover artist, Ted Levine made his TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Karkull in an episode titled The Hand of Fate of the animated superhero drama show, Superman: The Animated Series, in October 1997.
- In 2007, he co-starred as Capt. Lou Toback in the biographical crime film, American Gangster, and the entire cast was nominated for the 2008 Screen Actors Guild Award in the “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture” category.
- Ted Levine appeared as Sheriff Waterhouse in the 2014 independent gothic thriller, Dig Two Graves, as one of the lead cast members. His performance in the movie won him the 2015 Beaufort International Film Festival Award for “Best Actor”.
- He is friends with Sam Shepard and William Petersen.
Featured Image by Kristin Dos Santos / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0