|Tegan Higginbotham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1988|
Tegan Higginbotham is an Australian comedian, writer, and actress who shot to fame after performing in the collaborative comedy act The Hound of the Baskervilles (2006–2007). She cemented her popularity by appearing in various solo comedy programs like Million Dollar Tegan (2012), by acting in several movies including Holding the Man (2015), and also by appearing in numerous TV shows such as Have You Been Paying Attention? (2013-2015). Tegan has been the writer for many television programs like Open Slather (2015) as well as a number of newspapers including The Age, where she has contributed regularly as a sports columnist. Higginbotham is the recipient of many accolades including the “Best Newcomer” nominee at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in 2012.
Tegan Marie Higginbotham
Dandenong, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
She went to Dandenong Primary School.
Comedian, Writer, Actress
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Paul Verhoeven (2019-Present) – She tied the knot with Paul Verhoeven in a civil ceremony in Paris, in July 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Georgia Elliott Sleepwear.
Tegan Higginbotham Favorite Things
- Multimedia Franchise – Star Wars
- Novel – Harry Potter
Source – Wikipedia
Tegan Higginbotham Facts
- She has disclosed that she had always wanted to perform on stage. As a child, she would make her parents sit down every single night to see her latest piece of theatre. She had, however, never imagined that one day she would actually be having fun with them laughing at her.
- While growing up, Tegan saw herself as the fictional lead character Ellen Louise Ripley, of the Alien movie series and so it came to her naturally to be punching people as a side hobby. It was the comedian aspect of her career that she had never considered.
- Her first love had been acting until she discovered comedy when she was in her late teens, having gone on to perform her first comedy gig when she was 17 years old.
- Higginbotham has participated in every Melbourne International Comedy Festival ever since she became a national finalist at the festival’s comedy competition named Class Clowns held in 2005.
- She has affirmed that she has felt blessed to have been a part of the MICF for many reasons. She has relished the laughter, both from the audience and from herself as she has watched her co-performer attempt to keep a straight face every night. Tegan has had the warmest and most special feeling to see others in splits, enjoying what she has written. She has cherished meeting new people and gorging on pizza at 1 am on Swanston Street.
- Higginbotham has been organic rather than disciplined and following a routine. She has revealed that she has never had a set style when writing for a show. When she had experienced boxing, she had simply taken note of what happened. However, her solo comedy show Touched By Fev (2013) involved a lot of research for the first time, delving a little more into personal stories.
- Tegan has loved sports and sci-fi and has proclaimed herself to be a serious nerd at heart.
Featured Image by Tegan Higginbotham / Instagram