|Thomas Haden Church Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1960|
Thomas Haden Church started his career with guest appearances in TV shows such as 21 Jump Street and China Beach. He got his big break with a supporting role on NBC sitcom, Wings. Soon after his exit from Wings, he bagged a lead role in the Fox sitcom, Ned and Stacey. He decided to take a brief break from acting in 2000 and focus completely on his ranch business. In 2004, he made the Hollywood sit-up and praise his talent with his great performance in the black comedy, Sideways, which led to him winning an Academy Award nomination.
Thomas Richard McMillen
Thomas Haden Church
Yolo, California, United States
He owns a sprawling 2000-acre cattle ranch in Kerrville, Texas. He prefers to spend most of his time on the ranch and often rents properties for his shooting work.
Thomas Haden Church went to Harlingen High School and graduated in 1979. Then, he got enrolled at the University of North Texas graduating with a BA in Television and Film Production. Later, he got enrolled at the Southern Methodist University, Dallas.
Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Carlos “Carl” Richard McMillen (U.S. Army Veteran who served in the Korean War. After leaving the army, he started working as a surveyor.)
- Mother – Maxine (née Sanders)
- Siblings – George ‘Tex’ Quesada (Brother), Andy (Brother), Nancy Moreno (Sister)
- Others – William Hyrum McMillen (Paternal Grandfather), Maxine Petrina Skillingstad (Paternal Grandmother), John Thomas McKinney Sanders (Maternal Grandfather), Thelma Lillian Donna Fulmer (Maternal Grandmother), George A. Quesada (Step-Father) (Veteran of an Army Air Forces reconnaissance unit)
Thomas Haden Church is represented by –
- Wolf-Kasteler Public Relations (Public Relations Firm)
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency)
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Haden Church has dated –
- Mia Zottoli (2002-2009) – In 2002, Church started going out with actress Mia Zottoli. Over the course of their relationship, she gave birth to 2 daughters. In 2008, she was incorrectly referred to as Church’s wife in an article published on LA Times. He later clarified that he hasn’t got married to Mia or anyone else.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Danish, Scottish, German, Norwegian, and English ancestry.
- Deep Blue Eyes
- Rectangular facial structure
Thomas Haden Church has lent his voice to the TV commercials for Icehouse beer, Merrill Lynch, and DirecTV satellite television. He has also appeared in TV advert for Volkswagen.
He is probably non-religious but is spiritual.
Best Known For
- Having played an important role in the black comedy movie, Sideways. His great performance in the movie helped him win an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- Being cast in the role of Sandman in the popular superhero movie, Spider-Man 3
- Being cast in the lead role opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in the comedy-drama movie, Divorce
First TV Show
In 1989, Thomas Haden Church made his first TV show appearance in the Eternal Flame episode of police procedural series, 21 Jump Street.
Thomas Haden Church has tailored his workout regime according to his movie roles. To look beefy for his role in Spiderman 3, he hired personal trainers and embarked on strength training regime. He avoided cardio and focussed only on lifting weight and as a result, he managed to gain 28 pounds of muscle and dropped 10% of body fat.
Thomas Haden Church Favorite Things
- Movie – A Simple Plan (1998)
Source – SUPERHEROHYPE
Thomas Haden Church Facts
- After his mother got married to George A. Quesada, he decided to adapt his stepfather’s last name. But, he later decided to change it to ‘Haden Church’ (taken from his relatives’ names) as people found it difficult to pronounce Quesada.
- As a young boy, he was interested in cattle, ranching, and being a cowboy. He did not have the slightest intention of becoming an actor.
- When he was 13, one of his father’s friends offered him a work at a ranch which he loved to do.
- In 1977, he decided to drop out of high school and started working in the oil fields of Louisiana.
- He started his career in the entertainment business by working as a radio personality and doing voiceover work.
- After his college education, he began working as a DJ and a voice actor and even drifted towards acting in the late 80s.
- It was in 1988 that he was persuaded by a casting director to move to Los Angeles to pursue acting.
- He got his first big breakthrough in 1990 after he was cast as mechanic Lowell Mather on the comedy TV series, Wings.
- In 1998, he bought a cattle ranch in Texas. Overall, he owns 4 cattle ranches and first herded a cattle at the age of 13.
- For the audition of his role in Sideways, he stripped naked for his scene. He would later learn that he was the only actor to have read the lines while naked. In his defense, he revealed that the script required the character to be naked for the scene.
- Sarah Jessica Parker had personally got in touch with Church and asked him to work with her in the comedy TV series, Divorce.
- Thomas Haden Church doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by towntastes / Instagram