|Tim Matheson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1947|
Tim Matheson is an American actor, director, producer, and voice-over actor who has enjoyed a prolific career in Hollywood and is most remembered for his work in films like National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978), Fletch (1985), 1941 (1979), etc. On television, he is known for his roles in This Is Us (2019-2021) and The West Wing (1999-2006).
Timothy Lewis Matthieson
Glendale, California, United States
Actor, Director, Producer, Voice-Over Actor
- Father – Clifford Matthieson (Training Pilot)
- Mother – Sarah Lewis
- Siblings – Sue Matthieson (Sister)
Tim’s net worth was $7 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim has dated –
- Stacey Nelkin
- Jennifer Leak (1967-1971) – Tim fell in love with his co-star Jennifer Leak during the shooting of Yours, Mine and Ours in 1967. The duo tied the knot on September 28, 1968. However, they went their separate ways after getting divorced in 1971.
- Megan Murphy (1984-2010) – The Almost Summer actor married Megan Murphy on June 29, 1985. They became parents to daughters Molly Matheson (b. 1986), Emma Matheson (b. 1988), and a son named Cooper Matheson (b. 1994). Sadly, their long-standing marriage ended in divorce in 2010.
- Elizabeth Marighetto (2018-Present) – He is happily married to Elizabeth Marighetto since 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Tim is of German, English, Swedish, Irish, and Danish descent.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
Tim Matheson Favorite Things
- Co-Stars – Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason
- Film Genre – Horror
Tim Matheson Facts
- He served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
- Tim was considered for the role of Indiana Jones (played by Harrison Ford) in Steven Spielberg‘s 1981 classic, Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- He became a household name with the role of the smooth-talking ladies man Eric ‘Otter’ Stratton in National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978).
Featured Image by Universal Television / Wikimedia / Public Domain