|Tina Datta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tina Datta is a well distinguished Indian actress and model who came to prominence with her portrayal of Manorama in the Bengali film Chokher Bali in 2003. Thereafter, her career skyrocketed as she bagged many notable roles like Ichcha/Meethi in Uttaran (2009-2015), Dhamini in Karmaphal Daata Shani (2017-2018), and as Jahnvi Chaudhry/Kundani Roy in Daayan. Her incredible acting skills, have also earned her a numerous accolades Kalakar Award, 16th Lion Gold Award, and the Golden Petal Award. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 450k followers on Facebook, more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Tina attended the Meghmala Roy Education Centre in Behala, Kolkata. She also studied at the St. Paul’s Boarding And Day School in Khidirpur. According to sources, Tina also enrolled at the University of Calcutta.
- Mother – Madhumita Datta
- Siblings – Debraj Dutta (Brother)
Tina is represented by Alankar Musical Group and Book My Celebrity.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tina has dated –
- Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal (2009-2011) – Tina met her ex-husband supervising producer Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal for the shooting of Koi Aane Ko Hai in 2009 and instantly clicked. Not long after they met, the duo was believed to have tied the knot without the consent of their parents in May 2009. Tina and Mahesh managed to keep their relationship a secret from the public for a long time and lived together at her mother’s home. However, sources tell, Tina’s mother was not happy about her daughter’s decision of a “Gandharva Vivaah” and insisted that she shift into a place of her own and keep her relationship away from the spotlight. However, when the couple was asked if the assumptions were true, both of them denied it. She stated that “I’d like to clarify that I’m not married to him or anyone else. I was in a relationship with him for one and a half years, and we broke off.”
- Paresh Mehta (2013-2018) – Tina and Mumbai based businessman Paresh Mehta met one another at a party through mutual friends in 2013. The couple hit it off smoothly and went on to spend more time with each other, often being seen at parties, movies, and dinners. However, in January 2019, news started to circulate about, Tina opening up about her 5 year-long abusive relationship. Tina told the Bombay Times “I would get bashed up even in front of my friends. I went bonkers to the extent that my confidence took a beating. I never wanted to go public with my relationship, but I feel that it’s time to speak up.”
Race / Ethnicity
- Perfect lips
- Thick eyebrows
- V shape face
- Petite physique
Through her social media, Tina has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Boho Babes
- Shantanu and Nikhil
- Kitty & The Woof Gang
- Ambraee By Palak Agrawal
- Kalki Fashion
- Unicef India
Best Known For
- Being cast as Manorama in Chokher Bali (2003), Ichcha/Meethi in Uttaran (2009-2015), Dhamini in Karmaphal Daata Shani (2017-2018), and Jahnvi Chaudhry/Kundani Roy in Daayan
- Receiving several valued awards such as the Kalakar Award for “Best New Face (Female)” in 2010, 16th Lion Gold Award for Best Actress in 2010, and the Golden Petal Award for “Most Janbaaz Personality” in 2013
- Being featured on the cover of various magazines like GR8!, Enlighten India, Grihshobha Magazine, and TV Novele
- For her work alongside some Bollywood’s biggest celebrities like Saif Ali Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Prosenjit Chatterjee, and Raima Sen
She made her debut theatrical film appearance as in the Bengali movie Tharak in 2003.
Tina made her first Hindi theatrical film appearance as Teenage Lalita in Parineeta in 2005.
First TV Show
Tina made her first TV show appearance as Kumkum in the Bengali show Durga in 2008.
She made her debut Hindi TV show appearance as Ichcha/Meethi on the reality show Uttaran in 2009.
During an interview in 2014, Tina had stated that she did not do any kind of workout. She also mentioned being a “hardcore non-vegetarian.”
Tina prefers to drink plenty of water to flush out the toxin buildup in her body. Besides that, she also eats fruits throughout the day. Her normal meal routine consists of a healthy breakfast, lunch, and light dinner. Also, she strongly believes in consuming her last meal by 8:00 pm.
Tina Datta Favorite Things
- Watch Brand She Own – Dior, Michael Kors, Cartier
- Pair Of Sunglasses – Chanel
- Cuisine – Chinese
- Dish Of All-Time – Dimsum
- Indian Dessert – Mishti Doi and Rasgullas
- Non-Alcoholic Drink – Red Bull
Tina Datta Facts
- She was raised in Kolkata and later, moved to Mumbai to pursue her lifelong passion.
- Tina made her debut TV show appearance when she was barely 5 years old in the TV show Sister Nivedita.
- She was 17 years old when she was cast alongside some of Bollywood’s biggest stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Prosenjit Chatterjee, and Raima Sen in the hit film Chokher Bali (2005). Later, she was cast as a teenage version of actress Vidya Balan’s character Lalita in the Hindi film Parineeta (2005).
- She was 4 years and 6 months old when she got her first salary.
- Tina wished to never marry a person from her profession as she believes that, it comes with a lot of insecurities.
- In March 2019, Tina had accused her co-star Mohit Malhotra of touching her inappropriately while shooting an intimate scene. According to Timesofindia.com, Tina had stormed off the set and also stated that Mohit did admit to getting carried away.
- Her name is also spelled as “Tinaa Dattaa.”
- As of 2016, she was part of actor Nandish Sandhu’s “Team Ahmedabad Express” for the Box Cricket League 2.
- She was one of the contestants who competed on Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 (2016). She was the 4th contestant to be eliminated from the show.
- In the past, Tina was said to have been in loggerheads with her co-star from Uttaran, Rashami Desai. However, in an interview with TellyChakkar, Tina told them that, Rashami and she shared the same make-up room which was quite small. “So Rashmi decided to shift to another room for the sake of convenience.” Tina, also stated that the media had misinterpreted their on-screen rivalry scenario to the incident.
- She is obsessed with non-vegetarian dishes.
- Tina gives her money to her mother.
- In the past, she had admitted to being a complete shopaholic. Once, she goes on a shopping spree, Tina spends every ounce of money that she has in her bag.
- Tina loves to spend her time reading.
- She is a dog lover and has one of her own.
- She prefers shopping in stores to online shopping and Instagram to Twitter.
- Tina has a huge collection of watches that she picks up like souvenirs from the places she travels to.
- She considers herself best at making dal, rice, chicken, and fish.
- In 2022, Tina had participated in the reality television game show Bigg Boss season 16.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC-BY-3.0