|Tone Bell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tone Bell is an American actor and comedian who is best known for becoming a part of a web series on Russell Simmons‘s YouTube channel called The Green Room. He also became popular for his portrayals as RJ on NBC’s sitcom Whitney and as Scott Evans on The CW’s The Flash Season 2. Before he started a career in Hollywood both as an actor and as a stand-up comedian, he first taught first grade then later worked on the production of HBO’s docu-drama movie Warm Springs. He was among the viewers’ favorites when he joined the cast of Whitney, but he was also well-loved for his appearances on the hit American talk show Chelsea Lately and on CBS’s The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
Before rising to fame as an actor, he was initially headed to the spotlight as a stand-up comedian with his natural wits and humorous vibe that made his fans to support and admire him even more. In 2012, Tone won NBC’s Stand Up For Diversity Talent Search, an annual contest held for stand-up comedians with diverse backgrounds. From there, he began acquiring more roles on the small screens. He has made notable portrayals on various TV series including Lyrical Flash Mob, Single Ladies, Creepy Caress, Key and Peele, Bad Judge, Truth Be Told, and Disjointed. In 2019, he landed a major role as Nick on CBS’s sitcom Fam wherein he starred alongside The Vampire Diaries actress, Nina Dobrev, who plays the character of Nick’s love interest named Clem.
Michael Anthony Bell II
Decatur, Georgia, United States
He went to Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, United States.
Actor, Stand-Up Comedian
Tone Bell is represented by –
- Josh Pearl, Talent Agent, Creative Artists Agency
- Mike Dill, Management, Black Box Mgmt
- Christian Amechi, Touring Agent, Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Downward Pointed Nose
- Large Round Eyes
Best Known For
- Winning NBC’s Stand Up For Diversity Talent Search in 2012
- His role as RJ on NBC’s sitcom Whitney (2012-2013)
In 2006, he made his feature film debut as Bryan in Family Curse.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Parker on Single Ladies in 2012.
Tone Bell Favorite Things
- Food – His mom’s mac and cheese
- TV Shows – Any shows hosted by Anthony Bourdain
Source – BuzzFeed
Tone Bell Facts
- His first online screen name was tbssu01.
- Aside from acting, he has also earned his reputation as an accomplished stand-up comedian.
- He filmed his first 1-hour comedy special Tone Bell: Can’t Cancel This for Showtime, which aired in February 2019.
- Tone Bell appeared in the 2018 comedy-drama film Dog Days wherein he starred with Nina Dobrev, Vanessa Hudgens, Rob Corddry, and Adam Pally.
- He once worked as a brand manager in a company situated in San Francisco, California before he moved to Dallas, Texas where he began doing open-mic sessions at various comedy clubs.
- Visit his official website @ tonebell.com.
- Connect with Tone Bell on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by MTV International / YouTube / CC BY-3.0