Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson
She received the nickname ‘Tove Lo’ from her godmother when she was 3 because of her being affectionate with lynxes.
Tove Lo went to musical school Rytmus Musikergymnasiet in Sweden.
- Father – is a businessman
- Mother – is a psychologist
- Siblings – She has 1 older brother.
Tove Lo is signed to Ciulla Management.
For bookings, one can contact –
- Pitch & Smith (for International)
- Windish Agency (for USA)
Pop, EDM, electropop, Dirrrrty Pop
Vocals, piano, percussion, drum
Island Records (part of Universal Music Group), Polydor Records
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her single “Habits (Stay High)” released in 2014. It is a part of the album “Queen of the Clouds” and reached #2 in the Netherlands, and France, #3 in US, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia, and #13 in Sweden. It was also certified as 2x Platinum in US, Australia, Canada, and Sweden.
She released her first album Queen of the Clouds on September 24, 2014, via Island Records. This electro-pop album charted at #6 in Sweden, #10 in Norway, #14 in the US, #47 in Australia and Finland.
First TV Show
In January 2014, Tove Lo appeared in an episode of the game show På spåret as Gästartist.
Tove Lo Facts
- Tove Lo has been called the saddest girl in Sweden.
- She got influenced after listening to singers like Charlotte Gainsbourg, Robyn, and Lykke Li.
- As per Tove, her childhood was ‘very protected’.
- She started her professional singing career in 2012.
- She started writing poetry and short stories as a young girl.
- Tove Lo has also worked as a songwriter for Icona Pop and Girls Aloud.
- She is close friends with Caroline Hjelt (of band Icona Pop). They met when Tove Lo was in high school.
- In December 2014, she underwent surgery as cysts were found on her vocal chords.
- In 2014, she appeared in Alesso’s music video “Heroes (We Could Be).”
- She finds it difficult to write a happy song than a sad song.
- At 10 or 11, Tove wrote her first song.