|Tove Lo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1987|
Tove Lo is a Swedish singer and songwriter who has released many albums, tracks, and extended plays like Queen of the Clouds, Truth Serum, Habits (Stay High), Blue Lips, Lady Wood, Sunshine Kitty, Talking Body, Not on Drugs, Cool Girl, Out of Mind, Moments, Habits, True Disaster, Timebomb, Scars, Glad He’s Gone, Sweettalk My Heart, and Sadder Badder Cooler. Called “Sweden’s darkest pop export” by Rolling Stone, she is known for her honest, complex, and autobiographical lyrical content that has led to her being dubbed “the saddest girl in Sweden”. Over the years, she has worked with several artists including Alesso, Flume, Nick Jonas, Seven Lions, Broods, Urban Cone, Ava Max, Kylie Minogue, and Coldplay.
Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson
She received the nickname ‘Tove Lo’ from her godmother when she was 3 because of her being affectionate with lynxes.
Helsingborg, Helsingborg Municipality, Scania, Sweden
Tove Lo went to musical school Rytmus Musikergymnasiet in Sweden.
- Father – Carl Magnus Walter Nilsson (Businessperson)
- Mother – Gunilla Margareta Edholm (Psycologist)
- Siblings – She has 1 older brother.
- Others – Carl-Uno Nilsson (Paternal Grandfather), Ebba Gunilla Henrietta Martina Trägårdh (Paternal Grandmother), Nils Fredrik Edholm (Maternal Grandfather), Gunver Bills (Maternal Grandmother)
Tove Lo has been signed to –
- Ciulla Management
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
For bookings, one can contact –
- Pitch & Smith (for International)
- Windish Agency (for the USA)
Pop, EDM, Electropop, Dirrrrty Pop, Synth-pop, Dance-pop, Indie Pop
Vocals, piano, percussion, drum
Island Records (part of Universal Music Group), Polydor Records
Her net worth had been $9 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tove Lo has dated –
- Charlie Twaddle (2017-Present) – She started dating Charlie Twaddle in the year 2017 and she announced on her Instagram on July 26, 2020, that the duo had gotten married.
Race / Ethnicity
Tove Lo is of Swedish, as well as distant Norwegian, German, Dutch, Finnish, Scottish, and Belgian (Flemish) descent.
In a January 2017 interview with Attitude, Lo referred to her own bisexuality: “Being open and owning my sexuality in both ways—with both men and women—I think that’s just never been a big deal”.
Later, in an interview with Out magazine in March 2017, she stated that she had never been in a relationship with a woman.
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her single “Habits (Stay High)” was released in 2014. It is a part of the album “Queen of the Clouds” and reached #2 in the Netherlands, and France, #3 in the US, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia, and #13 in Sweden. It was also certified as 2x Platinum in the US, Australia, Canada, and Sweden.
She released her first album Queen of the Clouds on September 24, 2014, via Island Records. This electro-pop album charted at #6 in Sweden, #10 in Norway, #14 in the US, #47 in Australia and Finland.
First TV Show
In January 2014, Tove Lo appeared in an episode of the game show På spåret as Gästartist.
Tove Lo Facts
- Tove Lo has been called the saddest girl in Sweden.
- She got influenced after listening to singers like Charlotte Gainsbourg, Robyn, and Lykke Li.
- As per Tove, her childhood was ‘very protected’.
- She started her professional singing career in 2012.
- She started writing poetry and short stories as a young girl.
- Tove Lo has also worked as a songwriter for Icona Pop and Girls Aloud.
- She is close friends with Caroline Hjelt (of band Icona Pop). They met when Tove Lo was in high school.
- In December 2014, she underwent surgery as cysts were found on her vocal cords.
- In 2014, she appeared in Alesso’s music video “Heroes (We Could Be).”
- She finds it difficult to write a happy song than a sad song.
- At 10 or 11, Tove wrote her first song.
- During the 2022 GayTimes Honours award show, Tove received the “International Excellence in Music” honor.