Just a few days back, we told you about Jennifer Lawrence Workout and Diet as revealed by her trainer, Dalton Wong. Our readers liked that article so much that we have dug up some more fitness advice shared by the renowned trainer. The advice he is sharing is suitable for all the fitness fanatics who like to stay fit by eating the right food at the right time.
Wong has busted many fitness myths through his tips and shared the perfect method of combining diet and workout in order to get the maximum benefits.
The Key to Maintaining a Svelte Figure
The popular trainer opined that if a person wants to achieve a svelte figure (especially women), one should exercise regularly and complement it with eating the right food. He also stressed that you should keep an eye on what you are eating, particularly before and after a workout. If you eat the right foods at these times, you will burn more calories with lesser effort and stay energized too.
What to Eat Before a Workout?
The first thing Dalton says is that you should have a pre-workout snack which is in contradiction to the popular belief that working out on an empty stomach will burn more calories. He thinks that you must eat a pre-workout snack that is easy to digest and has a perfect combination of proteins, fats and carbs as reported by InStyle. Eating the right pre-workout snack would assist you to fuel your workout. Also, remember that your exercises should not target at burning the food you ate before the workout. You should eat the right pre-workout snack at least 45 minutes before the workout to get better results.
The Best Pre-Workout Options
The co-author of The Feelgood Plan: Happier, Healthier & Slimmer in 15 Minutes a Day has suggested the following pre-workout diet snacking options.
- One banana with some unsalted nuts.
- Half a cup of full-fat Greek yogurt with one cup of berries.
- A green juice that consists of cucumber, lemon, spinach, ginger, celery and a squirt of nut butter. It can be easily made at home.
- Coffee addicts can have 1 espresso or half cup of black coffee.
What to Eat After a Workout
The founder of Twenty Two Training thinks that having a proper snack after a workout is as vital as a pre-workout snack. You should eat a combination of carbs and protein as a post workout snack. The best option you have is to make a whey protein shake with almond milk. The carbs and protein in the snack would help you to refuel and stop yourself from overeating when you arrive at your home.
The Best Post-Workout Snacking Options
The wellbeing expert has suggested the following post workout snacks that are really good for you and help you get the most out of your efforts in the gym.
- Baked wild-caught salmon that has fresh herbs and lemon added to it coupled with mixed vegetables and salted potatoes is a good option.
- Chili that has only organic meat, kidney beans, pinto beans and black beans along with veggies like mushroom, onion, eggplant, yellow pepper and leek on a bed of cauliflower rice.
- You can even have a hamburger that is created by using a whole wheat bun, baked sweet potato wedges and organic ground meat. You need to add in a salad made of tomatoes, arugula, radishes, watercress and avocado to make it a healthier choice.
- Some stir-fried organic turkey breast with onion, mushrooms, ginger, chillies, courgette, garlic, yellow pepper, kale, Brussels sprouts and a few leaves of fresh coriander are also highly advised.
- You can also enjoy some baked cod (with lemon) and roasted sweet potato wedges. Don’t forget to add in fresh pea puree, chunky carrots, red pepper and beetroots to it.
- Finally, you can enjoy some Frittata with sweet potato, organic free eggs, onion, Swiss chard, kale and peas on a bed of watercress with a bit of fresh tomato salsa.
Do you like the tips shared by the performance coach? Don’t forget to follow him on Instagram and Twitter and get more tips directly from him.