|Tushar Kalia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1986|
Tushar Kalia is an Indian choreographer, dancer and actor who shot to fame as a choreographer in Bollywood, following his first break in the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016). He has been the choreographer for several dance-reality shows as well, such as Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 (2013), and has been the stage director of various reality programs like the 6th season of India’s Got Talent (2015). Tushar has also acted in numerous films, for instance, ABCD: Any Body Can Dance (2013), and has taken part as a contestant in a number of TV shows including Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 (2022). Kalia is the recipient of many accolades such as the Screen Award in 2019 for “Best Choreography”. He has amassed more than 930k followers on Instagram.
Tushar went to the University of Delhi. He started his dancing career under the guidance and direction of Shri Santosh Nair, the creative director with Sadhya Unit of Performing Arts. He also took training under Canadian choreographer, Brandy Leary, of Ariel Technique Dancing.
Choreographer, Dancer, Actor
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Triveni Barman – He has been in a relationship with Triveni. He got engaged to his longtime girlfriend on March 7, 2022, having taken to his official Instagram account to declare the same.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Tall stature
- Beard and mustache
- Tattoos on his body
- Six pack abs
- Pierced ear
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as BPL India.
Tushar Kalia Favorite Things
- Pets – His two dogs
- Place – Tosh village in Himachal Pradesh
Tushar Kalia Facts
- He has regarded his turning point in life to have been his decision to shift to Mumbai to do Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. He had been content working in his company doing programs all over the world but those were not commercial productions. When Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa came, his mother had told him to give it a try, and he ended up staying on in the city and attain success in his career.
- Tushar has been happy to not that because of television, the work of professionals like him has reached more people. It has helped in a big way with the change that has made the masses begin to take dancing seriously, as a career option. He has believed the most important thing for an artist to be recognition, money being secondary.
- He has revealed that his most-cherished dancer has been Ranbir Kapoor. He has loved how Ranbir has not wanted to perfect the steps but has instead, enjoyed the song, his own moves and dancing so much, that Tushar himself has also begun having fun with him.
- Kalia has disclosed that he chose to learn baking, the activity having always been more of an emotion and less of a trend for him. Baking has been a wonderful therapeutic experience for him, where he has been able to relish the taste of his home-made confectionaries on his own terms. He has preferred to bake goodies in big amounts and store them in his refrigerator to keep enjoying them.
Featured Image by Tushar Kalia / Instagram