|Weyes Blood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Weyes Blood is an American singer, songwriter, and musician whose discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Titanic Rising, The Outside Room, The Innocents, Front Row Seat to Earth, God Turn Me into a Flower, Cardamom Times, Everyday, Myths 002 (alongside Ariel Pink), Angels in America / Weyes Blood Split, Rough Trade Session, Do You Need My Love, Grapevine, Seven Words, Some Winters, Generation Why, Andromeda, Movies, Oh How We Drift Away (with Tim Heidecker), And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow, and It’s Not Just Me, It’s Everybody.
Natalie Laura Mering
Santa Monica, California, United States
Weyes Blood attended high school in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Sumner Mering (Musician and guitarist who was in the Los Angeles new wave band Sumner in the late 1970s)
- Mother – She is a musician.
- Siblings – Weyes Blood has brothers who are musicians.
Chamber Pop, Soft Rock, Psychedelic Folk, Noise, Experimental Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboards
Not Not Fun, Mexican Summer, Sub Pop
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Songwriting influenced by church music
She was born into a born-again Pentecostal Christian family.
She has said, “I was raised in a real spiritual, Bible Belt household. So I developed my own cynicism because there are always things in the Bible that really bum me out…. I became really obsessed with the Kids in the Hall as a kid, and they had Scott Thompson, who’s like the one gay member. I remember having this feeling that ‘Oh, Scott Thompson isn’t going to heaven? How could that be?’ That was my first big tipoff that something wasn’t quite right with dogmatic Christianity. And then I was just trying to undo it at the age of 12.”
Weyes Blood Facts
- She spent some of her early years living in Scotts Valley, California and then her family settled in Doylestown, Pennsylvania in 1999.
- On May 10, 2011, Weyes Blood released her first album The Outside Room.
- Her 2nd studio album The Innocents was released on October 21, 2014, via Mexican Summer and its tracklist included Land of Broken Dreams, Ashes, Requiem for Forgiveness, Hang On, Summer, and February Skies.
- Her critically acclaimed 4th studio album Titanic Rising was released on April 5, 2019, by Sub Pop and AllMusic praised the record, stating that “she underscores enormously orchestrated pop songs with eerie experimental ambience, imagining a dreamworld where Joni Mitchell‘s late-’70s output was produced by Brian Eno.” The album won the Libera Award for “Best Indie Rock Album” in 2020.
- On November 18, 2022, Weyes Blood released her 5th studio album And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow through Sub Pop and it consists of songs such as It’s Not Just Me, It’s Everybody, God Turn Me Into a Flower, And in the Darkness, Twin Flame, The Worst Is Done, Children of the Empire, In Holy Flux, and others. The album peaked at #1 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart, at #2 on the UK Americana Albums (OCC) chart as well as UK Independent Albums (OCC) chart, at #10 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #14 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Some of Weyes Blood’s influences include the Velvet Underground, Wolf Eyes, and the experimental artist Inca Ore.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 4.0